Gillis - Nice looking game
Voted and added to my Collection of C2 games on Greenlight
Good luck with your Greenlight campaign.
Don't get discouraged by any 'No' votes and negative comments - even the top games are getting less than 50% 'Yes' votes these days.
Current Greenlight stats for Top 50 games:
Yes votes: ~8,000
No votes: ~10,000
Basically, if you can get ~25,000 people visiting your Greenlight page you're almost guaranteed to make it onto Steam.
Few quick tips:
- The artwork is very nice but you really should add a gameplay video, people want to see games in action
- Find all the relevant collections on Steam and ask to be added: getting 10 votes each from 100 collections gets you more than 10% to your goal
- Create a press kit and send out a press release to announce the game: submit here. Even if only picked up by a few minor sites it will drive visitors to your Greenlight page (make sure you include a link!).
- Find contact details for the Lead Reviewer/Editor on all the indie game sites and email them asking to preview your game: give them free alpha copy. Once released get back in touch and ask for a review
- Find indie game forums and post about the game in relevant sections: don't spam though
- Contact any "Let's players" who like indie games or your style of game and ask them to give it a go (provide free copy)
- Add a link in your Scirra forum signature, so every post you make is advertising your game: everyone here is friendly and helpful, if they see the link they'll probably vote
- Get all your friends and family to share it on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- If you have any sort of mailing list e.g. players, blog followers, forum members, etc., send out a newsletter asking them to vote. If it's less than 2,500 email addresses you can use MadMimi free of charge
Also, add your game to other indie friendly game stores
They don't generate as much income as Steam, but they do give you exposure that can help get you through Greenlight.
Anyway, I hope that helps and again good luck with your game.