OUYA Game Competition killscreendaily

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Match the incoming diamonds with the same ones to earn score!
  • jayderyu

Its done and in the same place. Good luck.

• rfisher jayderyu - so you guys have controllers working on Ouya? Care to share? :) I would love to see my work actually moving about on it!

• Thanks rfisher I appreciate all the effort you put in. I continued to bang my head the wall regarding eclpise and setting it all up. I will get it ready by March or when the game is done. IF and a big if that is. that I win anything I will be more than happy to share a portion.

I sent it up. I hope there are no complications, but not having the hardware, finding the project to work on and starting on the 19th made it very difficult.

However all they want is a prototype not a full game. So i'll cross my fingers.

here is the blog link. It's short.

blog.studioryu.net/node/1

video link

youtube.com/watch

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • rfisher jayderyu - so you guys have controllers working on Ouya? Care to share? :) I would love to see my work actually moving about on it!

unfortunatly not really. As i understand it only the dpad was mapped so I had to compress all the controls to use them :( so gameplay is really fuubared, but technically playable. If the Ouya team has a better version of the firmware then maybe it will do better. but no garuntees. Personally I think my game is gonig to explode with errors.

• jayderyu - ah alrighty. Let's hope Cocoon get onto it soon ^^

• jayderyu

I'm glad I could help and "thanks" is all I need, no need to share.

GOOD LUCK!!!

• jayderyu - ah alrighty. Let's hope Cocoon get onto it soon ^^

Ludie has mentioned they/he will look into it, but the/he doesn't have an Ouya. This leads to very good odds that it will have to wait until the platform is released and then we may see a patch a month or so after that. Unless of course some other person with the budget can afford to send a model to him :D   that isn't me. If I one however, it would be :D

But yes. I'm looking forward for CocoonJS to be compatible. I had heard from I think rfisher or humel1 that they had a performance of 30-40 with phone gap. As I understand phonegap is considered to have very poor game perfrmance. With CoocoonJS newer canvas mode I think we have very descent odds to get good run time performance. i don't think it's going to be massive performance allowing 1000 or so objects, but 200-300 would be awesome for me :)

• jayderyu

Ashley has a Ouya. I'm hoping that he can give ludie the information to make Cocoonjs a option for the Ouya. From what I can see it would be adding "<category android:name="ouya.intent.category.GAME"/>" in the intent-filter in the manifest. Also adding in the Java/Javascript to make the controllers work which there are examples in the ODK. Before I release my game I'm going to make a Phonegap plugin for the Ouya Controllers instead of using the arrow keys and enter.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)