Mac OS X Mavericks

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • It's free now

If only Microsoft would follow...

• To be fair, Windows 8.1 is a free update if you already have Windows 8. But Windows 8 itself isn't a free update.

If Mavericks is free, isn't that annoying for everyone who paid for Mountain Lion? Instead of spending money for that update, you could have just waited and got Mavericks for free...

• That's an interesting view.

But I tend to see it less complicated:

Linux - free

Mac OS X/Unix - free

Android - free

Windows - not free

• Well its not like you can run Mac os on any thing other than a Mac.

So in that regard its not exactly free.

Then again nothing is ever free.

With Linux you pay for it in time spent learning to use the system, and you can bet Apple will continue its yearly hardware updates, that are technically years behind in technology, ....at a vastly higher price.

• That's an interesting view.

But I tend to see it less complicated:

Linux - free

Mac OS X/Unix - free

Android - free

Windows - not free

Didn't Apple charge for the previous Mac updates? I remember the following updates of whatever version you were on to cost like $20-30 to upgrade, no? Maybe they followed Window's 8.1 steps, but I'm pretty darn sure they will charge for their next OS overhaul.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can't really follow that arguments.

Well its not like you can run Mac os on any thing other than a Mac.ell it's also not like you can run Windows on anything other than a pc.

With Linux you pay for it in time spent learning to use the system... Ever tried to change assumed simple system settings on Windows as a newbie? Say, switch off bubble help, or permanently change the way folders display their contents?

...and you can bet Apple will continue its yearly hardware updates, that are technically years behind in technology, ....at a vastly higher price.So you are against freedom of choice? Everyone should buy a pc and buy Windows? What's hardware to do with my point that all operating systems are free right now, except for Windows?

Maybe they followed Window's 8.1 steps, but I'm pretty darn sure they will charge for their next OS overhaul.They didn't follow. It's the full version of an operating system for free (btw., not only that, but their office suite and a lot of other tools, like garageband etc., are also free now), wheras you had to pay for Win 8. Also, arguing with something that may or may not happen somewhere in the future is a bit weak. The fact of my list stays untouched.

• 1. You have no other choice on a Mac.

2. Have you ever tried to do .... anything on a Linux with out knowing the commands? (Goodness help you if you dont have access to the net at the same time.)

3. Nope, I just wish Apple was better with their policies. Same for Ms, and their bs however.

I would say that yes, Ms should have a free os available, especially since they are planning on stopping support on Xp soon.

The most widely used os ever on the planet.

• Pretty cool to see this! I like tinkering with other operating systems, though I do find the most reliant and productive OS is Windows (In my experience so far). Haven't tinkered with Mac stuff hardly yet, so this should be fun assuming it can be dual-booted or run in Virtualbox!

• I just downloaded it .. its OK ... not much difference that I can see ...hhmmmm

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)