Internet vigilante justice; a step too far or..

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
  • I'd read about this a little before, but hadn't really grasped the full scope of it:

http://www.kenny-glenn.net/

Essentially a 14 year old horifically abused his cat - I couldn't watch the videos, owning a cat myself, I felt all the pain - and posted some videos online. He's clearly got a screw loose from something, and seems to be happy about what he did.

Browsing that website though, it looks like some people have taken it too far. Whilst not forgetting that the boy was only exposed - and the cat was only saved - through the efforts of /b/, this looks like a rather unfair result on his parents, who were probably unaware of what was happening.

I wonder if we'll see more cases like this in the future?

• Indeed, it is not fair to target an oil company just because its director's son abused a cat. How many people and families is it supporting?

It would be more productive to be watchful for similar abuses, to discourage any future abuses like that. For that, /b/ needs to be taken down, because people there actually troll each other into abuse.

See where I am going? It is a culture thing.

• I want to rip off his head and shit down his neck...

~Sol

• Well, he should get mental treatment. Most teenagers are stupid as shit, but this takes it 5 steps too far.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Most teenagers are stupid as s**t

HEY!? lol.

im afraid to look at that vid, it seems like a virus might be lurking in there.

• Ohhh Sorry, now that I re-read it, that statement was probably a little too radical. Now, what I mean is that you get more and more social competence the older you get. You'll have to carry more responsibility and so on - whereas teenagers still have to figure out a lot of that stuff, which makes them seem sorta stupid.

But that's sort off off-topic here. There's a line that you can cross between being a cocky teenager and being an abusive, stupid son of a bitch and that kid has obviously crossed that line and then some.

• He's cocky for sure, deserves most of what's coming to him, but do the family?

I don't think you can shut down /b/ or anything like that, it's not viable; I guess this is just a shout at the power of the internet, it's only going to get more powerful.

• He's cocky for sure, deserves most of what's coming to him, but do the family?

I don't think you can shut down /b/ or anything like that, it's not viable; I guess this is just a shout at the power of the internet, it's only going to get more powerful.

They dont have proof that /b/ encouraged him to do such things, also "power of internet" thats [censored] just becouse someone is mental doesnt mean its Internet fault.

• I'm talking about the website made about him, which somewhat invades the family's privacy.

• I'm talking about the website made about him, which somewhat invades the family's privacy.

Good. Maybe they will fix their Satan-spawned child.

The guy runs an oil company anyway... last time I checked those fuckers aren't doing any of us any favours with fuel prices etc. I say hang their dirty laundry out to dry, and maybe something good will come of all this.

If my kid ever did something like this, I would expect to be humiliated in public as well by my peers, since I would obviously be a shit parent that instills zero morals in their kid.

I want to grab that little fucker and smash his face into the wall and punch the fuckers out of him, exactly like he did to his cat. Then, I'd throw him in the wood chipper and laugh.

~Sol

• That's one way to look at it yeah, I guess the parents should have been aware that their child was messed up, or had abused the cat before. My cat would be terrified and shaking if anything like this happened to it.

• This thread is now about what you would do to this kid if you ever met him in real life.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!1!one

~Sol

• Not seen the vids yet but the screengrab is enough.. serial killers usually start with animals and I doubt it would've been long before this idiot killed that cat and moved onto something else. It's good the cat is safe now.. but what about him? He'll get a slap on the wrist. and his daddy will probably make some donation so it's forgotten about..

Anyway, sol, I reckon you should add him into your Tonks game so we can all smash him around the terrain!

edit> "NEVERFORGETDUSTY.COM Reports: Jan Stratton is the Director of News at KSWO the local news channel which is updating all the others (except they haven't bothered). Funny that because in small town Lawton (home to the Glenns) Jan Stratton is married to Judge William (Bill) Stratton and they and their little circle of legal and business types just happen to be best friends with....yes you guessed it the Glenns!"

..well there you go..

• Not seen the vids yet but the screengrab is enough.. serial killers usually start with animals and I doubt it would've been long before this idiot killed that cat and moved onto something else. It's good the cat is safe now.. but what about him? He'll get a slap on the wrist. and his daddy will probably make some donation so it's forgotten about..

Anyway, sol, I reckon you should add him into your Tonks game so we can all smash him around the terrain!

Very good idea.

• LOL add Kenny Glenn to tonks... hahaha interesting xD

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)