I.E. user intelligence questioned !

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality user interface sound effects for Sci-Fi projects
  • Supposedly, and I quote,

"A comprehensive study of web users has determined that the dumber you are, the more likely you are to use Microsoft Internet Explorer."

I mean, wow!

Article is from 'The Register' HERE.

• Well, when you see that the last motivationnal purposed video from microsoft which pick on google is posted on... youtube.

Well yeah, shame doesn't kill, so why bother.

Nevertheless, I would take the result from "The Register" with some perspective. An IQ test can't qualify to "dumb" as the type of intelligence tested is very restrictive.

Moreover, such type of test should depend on the regionality, and be adapted. (If I take the test in english, as a non-native english speaker the test will be harder for me and I may miss subtilties that I wouldn't have in my own language).

Yet you can believe that people, in mid 2011 still stuck with IE 6.0 are "retarded". At least they are in the upgrade of their browser. ^^

• A lot of people aren't computer savvy. They buy their computers from pc world and wont install anything for fear of breaking it, so they just use whats already there.

That usually means windows, and windows means internet explorer, even though they're now required by law to display that message asking if you want to use an alternative.

I think it's as simple as that.

• Yet you can believe that people, in mid 2011 still stuck with IE 6.0 are "retarded". At least they are in the upgrade of their browser. ^^

In South Korea they seem to be stuck with it! Read this blog post - the government mandated ActiveX controls for online banking in the 90s, and now nobody knows how to upgrade from IE6 without breaking everything...

• Well, when you see that the last motivationnal purposed video from microsoft which pick on google is posted on... youtube.

That was funny, and one reason i wont sign up for google, hence can't vote up the scirra site.

I think though that if Microsoft was in googles position that they'd be doing the exact same thing.

• I think though that if Microsoft was in googles position that they'd be doing the exact same thing.

Well Microsoft have been in Google's position for years prior to the rise of Google. Who held the OS monopoly ? Who added "connectivity" under the form of silent spies on XP, vista and later, reporting any of your connection to massive data servers ?

They are attacking google for what they've been doing on their own Messenger protocol for years (listening widely to the "grid", picking keywords).

They might not admit it, but I haven't forgot about all of this. Attacking your competition on such a practice, when you've been yourself leader and pioneer of it for years is really ridiculous.

Every internet surfer for the past decade have been aware (or should be) that we are tracked day by day, request by request. it's not a theory conspiracy, it's more a fact to acknowledge.

In South Korea they seem to be stuck with it! Read this blog post - the government mandated ActiveX controls for online banking in the 90s, and now nobody knows how to upgrade from IE6 without breaking everything...

Korea's situation is pretty peculiar. Social security numbers have been closely linked with internet connection. They have a different relationship towards connection on the internet compared to a lot of other countries.

I wasn't aware though that they were stuck with IE6 neither why they were in this situation. Once again it proves why the results of the test should be looked up closely. Yet the pattern is engaging for "easy diss".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lol

• Heheh funny but raises some severe points though.

The power of disinformation in the current stream of medias, the fact that in the result of the "test" safari users were supposedly the most higher average of QIs (so mac users, right ?)

I was puzzled and thought geeky firefox "linuxers" would have fit the spot better.

Well, FF has democratised and is plainly usable on Windows, that lowers the average. ^^

Anyway, good joke.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)