html5 games desktop client

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Very simple code without excess options (15 events for server and 11 events for client)
  • Hello Scirra community!

I would like to pitch you a new idea to make our games looking more 'consoles' like.

A client based on chrome to be installed on pc, mac or linux computers.

The concept is pretty simple

1) we develop a client based on chrome to be installed on computer. This client is basically a browser but without UI that connects to a server where our games are hosted. Our games will be designed to work full screen and possibly support a gamepad. The sense of this is to have a client that once you fire it up plays instantly Full Screen.

2) Then is about to create a marketplace where our games are displayed and organized.

I think this simple idea can mask well that html5 is (for now) just a stable browser technlogy and a proper place for gamers and indie programmers.

What you guys think? Interested in helping me making this happen?

• Ashley said somewhere that Node-webkit will be in the next beta release (fullscreen, uses chrome, gamepad support, opens like a normal game/application etc.)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Interesting, how could I help ?

• : that is a great news, and I am looking forward to see that feature.

Though my idea is slightly different. Create a ''Virtual Game Center'' where gamers connect to and enjoy indie games without installing anything, thus getting quality experience, full screen games, possibly playing with a controller.

Imagine a place where indie devs can just develop in html5 (without compiling issues or headache) and submit their game to a proper game platform (now html5 is still a web reality, your game runs surrounded of adds and unlikely full screen).

: well on paper this project it s not THAT complicated to develop, what we need:

1) someone that can develop on chromium, which is the open source version of chrome. We basically need a UI-less chrome browser, that opens full screen and connect to our server.

2) the rest is pretty much about web design.

there are lot of ways to help, like creating a buzz around the project, coding yourself, posting ideas etc....

I already posted on chromium google group, but havent gotten any reply yet.

• First I can develop a bit on chromium and I learn very fast ;)

Also I think I?m a well Web Designer.

My English isn?t the best, so I normally don't work with Native Speaker but this project Sounds very Interesting.. Could you send me a Pm with your Email so we cant talk about some facts ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)