Hi all

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Just thought Id introduce myself, call me newt.

Found Construct the other day, and Im pretty impressed, pretty sure Ill be sticking to this one.

Im still figuring out the interface, but in the mean time I do graphics, icons, logos gui's etc.

So if I can help the project out, or anyone else please let me know.

Heres a link to my dev art acc: http://inewt.deviantart.com/gallery/

And I run a little tut site: http://guicon.110mb.com/

• Welcome to the site!

• Yo newt! Glad you found Construct! It is an awesome program, and we have a very helpful community here!

• Thanks all

I've just about got the Ghost Shooter tut down, all tho I have no shader effects what so ever.

It says Im 0.0, but nothing works, so Im assuming mines even lower than that.

I've got a better card around here somewhere Ill put in later....

So far so good I've added a .png with an alpha to make up for the explode.bmp, added some wav's as well, so it looks like its possible to make stuff even for pc's like mine.

I've got a few questions I'll post in the help section, and a possible bug, but again its probably just my pc... seems I cant load more than one .cap at a time, "not enought video memory" or something like that.

• Thanks all

I've just about got the Ghost Shooter tut down, all tho I have no shader effects what so ever.

It says Im 0.0, but nothing works, so Im assuming mines even lower than that.

I've got a better card around here somewhere Ill put in later....

So far so good I've added a .png with an alpha to make up for the explode.bmp, added some wav's as well, so it looks like its possible to make stuff even for pc's like mine.

I've got a few questions I'll post in the help section, and a possible bug, but again its probably just my pc... seems I cant load more than one .cap at a time, "not enought video memory" or something like that.

You probably don't have enough video memory. You should probably run the program on this thread; it will tell you how much v-ram you have if you don't already know. Also, there's nothing lower than pixel shader 0, so you should probably update your video card drivers to the latest if they aren't already; this might allow you to use the pixel shader 0 effects.

And welcome to the forums.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, getting the latest driver always helps - especially built-in controllers like the Intel you have. Also, I'm surprised it manages to run at all with 47mb VRAM! I'd recommend a card with at least 64mb to run Construct - it does use a fair bit of VRAM, which is why you get errors opening several applications.

• heh

Yeah I took the advice and updated drivers, and now it will do 0.0 effects.

Its kind of interesting, alot of the effects are quite like layer modes used in graphics apps, ie Gimp etc.

• Some of them, yeah. Only they're processed in real time.

If you install your 6200 card then you'll be able to use all the PS2.0 stuff. That's the same card I have and it works okay. Not great, but okay.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)