Game Remake/Recreation

From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.

I have a really old Windows 98 platformer game. I like to remake it. However, all the graphics seem to be packaged in a RES file.

Does anyone know how I can decompile/depack/extract the graphics? Is there any automatic disassemblers/readers, etc?

NB:

I didn't make this game, and it seems this game was a fan-made game itself, as there's no copyright, credits or author information whatsoever.

I just like to "remake" games so that they work on modern Windows. That means learning how to write a "reader" so that my program can use the ORIGINAL files and run/play the game.

*moved as question is nothing to do with C2

Did you create this game? Do you own the resources?

If not then please don't ask users how to steal resources, regardless of when they were created.

I didn't make this game, and it seems this game was a fan-made game itself, as there's no copyright, credits or author information whatsoever.

I just like to "remake" games so that they work on modern Windows. That means learning how to write a "reader" so that my program can use the ORIGINAL files and run/play the game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I'm a fan of recreating old games for personal use, but I can't really allow discussion on depacking on here. There are plenty of sites on web that deal with such things.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)