Forum Signatures

0 favourites
  • Hey Ashley... not sure if it's because it's turned off/not allowed or whatever, but if I try to put an image in my signature it gives me an error message along the lines of "Cannot determine image dimensions".

Is there any chance of allowing images in signatures? I've been feeling kind of siggy-creative lately and, even though my sig has been "signatures suck" for so long... I kinda feel like using something creative!

~Sol

• They disabled it...

• I think for the better too. Image sigs can be either annoyingly large, or be an odd shape. I wouldn't mind a userbar sized image though.

• Images aren't actually disabled, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work..

• I don't really want to fix it. Ever visit forums where every post is the height of your screen due to obnoxious signature imagery?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's a limit of 600x150, but for some reason the mechanism this forum uses to detect image sizes is broken, it's the same for avatars.

Oh well.

• I don't really want to fix it. Ever visit forums where every post is the height of your screen due to obnoxious signature imagery?

Not to mention eating up my small amounts of bandwidth.

Please don't allow this.

You mean like this?

http://www.girl-torque.co.uk/sigs.jpg

• Come on guys, this isn't 4chan... I'm sure if a few of us had decently sized images (file size mainly) it wouldn't be an issue.

I'd be more than happy to make whatever sigs for people, or make file size optimisations for people where needed. If you guys could see my computer, you would understand why I want image sigs... it's too ordinary looking otherwise, and lacks awesome.

If you feel like fixing it, I volunteer to be the official sig police if that is necessary...

*EDIT*

Faggatron... are you on dial up or something? If you are really that worried about a few kb you can always adblock the images or turn signatures off. Everyone seems to think we have a bunch of irresponsible idiots in here or something... I don't know about you but I'm not about to use "long cat" as my sig or anything...

~Sol

• Would need to be very strict limits. No more than 1-200 pixels in height and sub 100KB size.

I still think we'll live without it

• Would need to be very strict limits. No more than 1-200 pixels in height and sub 100KB size.

I still think we'll live without it

I know I will

SIGS OFF CREW REPRASENT

• I still think we'll live without it

You can live without computer

• Doesn't bother me either way. It only bothers me when people take the piss and have ridiclously massive sigs. They shouldn't really take up more room than your post, the post is the important part.

• >

> I still think we'll live without it

>

You can live without computer

How did you come to that conclusion from that ... I ... why? How?

Nevermind

• Doppel, your conclusion's making Republic of Poland embarrased ;).

About signatures: they should be fixed but this task should have low priority ^^.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)