Want to develop game but have no money

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Train your brain and become a merge master with Money Merge, the brand new jigsaw puzzle and puzzle game.
  • Hello people. There were a many great game ideas, but one i have is simply superb. , it combines several succesfull games together with new graphics, game mechanics and sounds and story. It is super simple. I am able to create the game in weeks.

the main problem is, that i wont be able to put it on google store or Apple store because i dont own a personal license for construct 2 and will not own it anytime soon. the reasons i dont have single penny to spend is another story.

I would like to ask if it is possible to to sell the game on Scirra's behalf or something like that or maybe get temporary license for 2 months or to make a deal that i will pay X % of my sales. Plz can you tell me there exist an option for people like me. Thank you

You can Pm me if you wish to.

• So you're asking for preferential treatment for making copies of existing games?

Perhaps you can afford a piggy bank, and save up like the rest of us.

Might put aside some extra for lawyer fees.

• I would like to ask if it is possible to to sell the game on Scirra's behalf or something like that or maybe get temporary license for 2 months or to make a deal that i will pay X % of my sales.

Sorry to say but what will you do if your game don't even sell? Your suggestion only open up exploits, might as well just ask Scirra to give license free for all?? Doesn't make any sense to be honest.

Plz can you tell me there exist an option for people like me. Thank you

I'm afraid no.

newt idea on piggy bank idea is actually doable if you have the motivation and commitment. I myself saved up for 4 month, then boom a license. It's not difficult to be honest if you spend wisely if you don't earn much in actual job though.

• I have this bridge in New York that I've been trying to sell for years , it spans between Brooklyn and Manhattan , as soon as it sells I will send you the money for a license .

• Let's say you save enough money for a Construct 2 license. You buy it. You develop your game happily. Then you go to upload to google play... ugh oh.. $25 fee for that. Apple? $99 for that...

My advice is to save / sell stuff / borrow, to buy the license. Then create your game. Seriously, if it's good enough you can get sponsorships from sites like Kongregate or FGL, then you'll be able to afford to put it on Play and the Apple stores.

Just don't pile all your hopes into this one "superb" game. After working on it for a while, and testing the mechanics, you'll probably realise it wasn't that superb afterall.

• Scirra does not giveaway licenses "like that".

If you keep an eye on their blog or social networks though they announce from time to time sales and contests which allow you to win some licenses.

Otherwise, yes, saving sounds like the best idea to go with.

• Yes saving is the only option dude, I've newly started saving and I saved as a start around 4$ so let's say each day you save around 1-5$ (or if you got more) and after some time you'll see you saved enough

• Thanks for reply , i gonna have to use unity and plyblox for now. Will come back when my piggybank is full

I was just hoping that it could be possible to have some kind of license UDK has. Engine free and 20% of your earnings. As they said. We will be successful only if you are.

• Well, big companies that have been around selling their AAA engine for the past 15+ years can afford to propose that type of licensing.

Scirra is barely 3 years old.

Puts things in perspective, doesn't it ?

• i understand,

• ex32

If your game is "simply superb" as you say, you could pitch it on KickStarter, IndieGoGo or other crowd funding sites and try to raise money for a license and development that way.

If it's a good idea, presented well and has realistic goals, then people will back it.

[quote:1057ycpn]I am able to create the game in weeks.

Then why haven't you?

Use the free version of Construct 2 to make it or at least a basic version of it, then you can show people what you've got and that it's not just an idea.

People are more likely to back something they can see.

[quote:1057ycpn]new graphics, game mechanics and sounds and story

Are you creating the new graphics and sounds yourself, using free stuff or buying it?

If you're buying it then that's another expense for which you'll need to raise money.

[quote:1057ycpn]i wont be able to put it on google store or Apple store because i dont own a personal license for construct 2

As has been said above, if you can't afford the license then you probably can't afford the store fees either.

There are lots of HTML5 game sites that you can monetize your game on before releasing on the stores, you still need a license though.

Kongregate, Game Jolt and Newgrounds are just the beginning, there are dozens of sites big and small that you can release your game on. Do a search for HTML5 games sites and I'm sure you will find plenty.

• I am unable to reply private messages at this moment. In case you wish to contact me , here is my skype.

Cry.Development

• And i am using only my art , my sounds and music from some free sources. I dont like using free or buying any assets , as i am able to create it myself.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i am using only my art , ..., as i am able to create it myself.

Not everyone can create art, so you could consider selling game art packs to raise money to buy the Construct 2 license.

• Not everyone can create art, so you could consider selling game art packs to raise money to buy the Construct 2 license.

Very good point !

And you can provide it to the new store as it is still/always looking for assets.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)