Designing a sprites for bonemovement.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Build your map with these isometric objects and terrains
  • I`m wandering,

I`m looking at the character i draw yesterdaym thinking how should i split him apart to prepare him for bone movement. And i start wandering did i did him right, did i use enough colours or is the shape good for that? But my question to you is: Is there any specific design rule for sprites that are going to be animated with bone movement?

• there are no rules, but generally you split up the sprites in such a way so that the seam is very hard to notice, cut up his arm and leave some extra stuff at the back so the sprite wont split.

theres a thread showing aquaria graphics by david in open topic which should help you, look for it, its not that old.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • theres a thread showing aquaria graphics by david in open topic which should help you, look for it, its not that old.

I've seen it some time ago.

My sprite is diferent. i`m a bit a afraid i gave it to much depth.

For what i've seen by now, sprites that are prepared for bone movement are being simplefy shaped and less depth. Altho i will draw another one which will be prepered for cutting for the animations i`m not shure is the style good for bone anim.

• Instead of losing detail and shape, why don't you use some slight alpha to blend into each segment.

What you have there should work fine if you assemble it carefully.

• Instead of losing detail and shape, why don't you use some slight alpha to blend into each segment.

Hey, that a good idea!

edit@ have anyone from forum has got expiriance in making sprites for bone movement?

• You might check a few tuts on adding bones to 3d models, and you might open up some existing animations. I think the hardest part right now is getting creases like in elbows, and knees, but I suppose for that you could simply add another animation.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)