How to Create PHP Files?

From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game

I Know how code a bit but where should I put the code to export it to .php file?

I used microsoft office word but it exported to .htm (which is useless since php needs .php file to execute code in HTML).

Thanks in advance.

copy and paste into notepad and save as yourfile.php or just change the .htm to .php (but office usually puts all sorts of junk into the file). Just copy to notepad. Even better download notepad++ I made many, many many websites with it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I Know how code a bit but where should I put the code to export it to .php file?

I used microsoft office word but it exported to .htm (which is useless since php needs .php file to execute code in HTML).

Thanks in advance.

Wait, what? You do not want to use Microsoft word to write PHP code. I recommend looking into the following IDES: Komodo Edit, Sublime Text, Notepad++, or Eclipse, you may benefit from following along with a brief tutorial on building websites with PHP as well.

The extension of the file matters less than the program that "opens" it. You could create a file named index.html that executes PHP code using htaccess or apache config.

Naji you don't have to create multiple thread to discuss similar thing, you just made information on one topic to be patchy and too dispersed. Next time, just change the topic title by adding up sentence you want to make the whole thread relevant.

On topic.

skelooth do you know any tools that makes PHP more approachable by a code-syntax-blind person like me? Some sort of similar in terms of easiness of using event system in C2.

Eclipse might be the closest you can come, but PHP is a programming language. It's really not much different than C2. C2 is just a visual programming language.

In C2 you might put something like

[Button click] - > set text

in PHP you might write something like

if ( $clicked == true ) { $something= "newtext"; }

Eclipse would help with syntax completion, but most editors do that. They lie when they say C2 isn't programming. It's just visual you are a programmer and didn't even know it.

Weird thing is, if you give me a PHP file, I totally can read it and understand it, same goes with the javascript generated by C2. But when it comes to write one, it's always the syntax that keep me down... It seems my brain is farting whenever I see syntax symbol like {"==$ etc. I was hoping that I can program it without seeing the syntax, anyway I'll look up eclipse tomorrow, see whether does it help me or not.

http://www.eclipse.org/

Is this the correct eclipse you're talking about?

Yes tha is the correct link...Eclipse is really good, check out aptana studio as well. Both are really good. I favor aptana, in fact eclipse lead me to aptana, but can't fault eclipse. Both are really great.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)