I would like some feedback on my game

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I have been making this game for a few months in my free time (https://diobanna-dev.itch.io/diobanna-demo) and have spent a bunch of money out of my own pocket to purchase assets (I am the only one working on this). I am struggling to get feedback on what could change

Also it would be really cool if it had a community excited for new updates to help motivate me

Also a new update is coming in a few minutes (Demo 1.2.0)

• Initial feedback :

- the game is really laggy, especially for its minimal style, what's the image memory usage on this ? that's the main issue i think when you exit back to the main room after the first tutorial room, i feel like there's a bug you are spawning something over again or there is a huge background image and it can be kind of unplayable

- transitions are a little slow and when a cutscene bit is about to start its not too obvious as you cannot move the player for 10 seconds wondering what's happening, maybe you can dim the screen or something when you are stopping the player to show some text or show the initial text on screen a lot faster

- i was stuck in the shop for a while, 'menu button' being M is not obvious considering you press H to enter it so it should be H again to exit

- i would call the dodge a slide but that's just me

- i would change the music at least once somewhere

- parrying is difficult but maybe it's meant to be because once you do it then you instakill the enemy, i honestly felt like there should be no counter attack instakill and it should be parry and then you attack manually yourself otherwise you are literally just parrying in the game which is frustrating

- the H kill felt weird for picking up items, i prefer 2 keys for action, maybe down key felt nicer for me

- missing sound effects and like when you're attacking an enemy, i guess it's an early version though and they are yet to come

nice game though, keep going ! these were just the 'negative' feedback i guess, so the rest was good haha

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for this info, I will work on fixing these in the next patch

and also the music and sound effects are still being worked on FYI

• I am working on a quick patch, Demo 1.2.1 here is what I have so far

Main fixes

Major performance changes, the game should run better at lower framerates (30-59) and also should get higher FPS in general

Made interact also accessible by pressing down

Made the parry only stun the enemy instead of forcing you into an animation

Made the parry stun time 1 --> 1.5

Made some enemies have 'Stun Weakness' which increases or decreases stun time (bosses are default)

Small fixes

Made the store page be able to close by H

Made the store page text in the bottom right more clear on what to do

Enemy stun weaknesses (it multiples by the stun time)

Shadow: 2

Death Stalker: 2

Fire Worm: 0

Lich:​ 2

Hyper Lich: 1

Hunter: 1.5​​​

Fire Mage: 0​

• Nice! I mean you can keep the counter attack in of course, it's not my game. For me though it seemed like an automatic instakill so it was like the game is about parrying only. Maybe you can try release the demo on Steam and then build the game up, you can try getting a community that way though I imagine its hard to build any community. I don't know much about itch and if people will be playing it at all so maybe it's fine on there, good luck!

• yeah I think being able to do your own attacks with the parry is a better idea, I was thinking of getting a paid version out on itch and when I get some money from that then post on steam because posting on steam costs 100$ so I dont wanna make that investment quite yet

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)