Test yout layouts (screen emulator)

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • So I've been testing the ability to do a dynamic layout, automatically adjusting itself between portrait and landscape and making everything resize properly. One snag I ran into, I only have one mobile phone. I searched the forums for this and didn't find anything so, here's a resource I found that does work with C2.

quirktools.com/screenfly

You'll need a url to upload your HTML5 export to, but once you do, I can verify this tool works. I created a test project and using Screenfly, it properly reported WindowWidth and WindowHeight for every 'device' and tablet size it had listed. More importantly, my app was also able to get accurate Viewport information. As the Screenfly device size changed, the Viewport readings changed. And it continued to report accurately when the Screenfly screen was rotated (essential information if you want to keep things centered)

• Seems useful, Glad to know this utility exist.

• Ohh its really nice thing useful!

Thanks a lot!!

• Fengist you don't need to export the game, just run the C2 preview and copy/paste the preview url " http://localhost:50000/ " to screenfly.

• If you are using chrome, then there's a nice little extension Window Resizer. Been using it for over a year now and it works flawlessly.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Fengist you don't need to export the game, just run the C2 preview and copy/paste the preview url " " to screenfly.

I'm not sure what voodoo they use to access my local network but... ok.

If you are using chrome, then there's a nice little extension . Been using it for over a year now and it works flawlessly.

Thanks, this does seem to work too. Only thing I don't like about it, you don't get a physical size representation, only a pixel by pixel. But for a quick test, it'll do.

• Physical size representation?

• Yea. Screenfly seems to not only give you the resolutions, it's screen shrinks down to give you a physical size representation. Handy if you want to know how big your sprites are going to appear. The chrome plugin just resizes the browser.

• It does sound useful, I must fight my usual paranoia and give it a try...

Thanks

• One thing to watch out for, neither of them 'rotate' the browser when you select landscape. You'll probably still need a mobile for that.

• Thanks for the Screenfly tip - that's dead useful

• Your browser has a developer mode already included

so eg. Chrome

Hit F12 (developer mode)

CTRL + Shift + M (or hit the phone icon)

Now you can test whatever screen size you like (chrome has already very common settings included)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)