Game Engine - Byte Sized Heroes

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
The perfect way to create custom characters and animations in the style and proportions reminiscent of classic RPGs.
  • Version 0.6 Updates: Drivable vehicle: Tank! Ladder working, Mountable, enemy, mirroring... Well, turrets working. I'll explain later, or you can play around with it. Jump through platforms, LOG screen lets you select world positions and objects for use with certain functions like ADDACTOR, DELETE, and CLONE which have all been added in.

The project will now use artwork inspired by Inafune's MegaMan ZX artwork, using Spriter for animations. There will be a complete set of animation parts that you can easily modify to create new sprites and animations in the game. This also makes it easy to make the characters easily customizable. I plan to include multiple hair/outfit options to create characters. This will also work for AI, and will be easily controlled in the variables of the object.

What it has so far:

• Custom Platform-like Behaviour Using Physics Behaviour [Identical to Platform Behaviour, adjusted for physics shoot 'em up type gameplay]

+ Wall Climbing

• Simple Civilian AI [Small AI, more to come]
    • Dialogue System (Incomplete) [Type dialogue, name, and icon name, the engine does the rest]
    • Log System (complete with Alpha 0.2) [perform functions inside the game at command, mainly for testing]
    • Online Multiplayer (Incomplete) [Online Shoot 'em up action]
    • Guns and Grenades (Incomplete) [first weapons of the game]
    • Map Volumes (incomplete) [easily set up for map interactions with the player]
    • Vehicles [0.5 update: Helicopter type vehicle now available]
    • Waypoints (incomplete)
    • Toys (incomplete) [Turrets added with 0.4]
    • Filler Sprites (incomplete) (for easy animation)

What it will have:

• Onscreen Multiplayer (started)
    • Cinematic System
    • Inventory System
    • Other Weapons
    • Armor Upgrades
    • Ingame Map Builder

Here's the engine [0.5]: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dido5dl20t4989s/Project_Alpha_0.zip

Here's the game in the arcade: https://www.scirra.com/arcade/shooting-games/byte-sized-heroes-1240?action=updated

Here my website: HTTPS://KiiraGames.Weebly.com

Keep a weather eye on the updates!

• Version 0.2 out now. Let's hope for 0.3 tomorrow. Continual updates until finished.

• Version 0.3 brings in vehicles, waypoints, and ladders, with a couple fixes to the engine in different areas.

Waypoints brings the beginnings for the construction of multiplayer game types such as Capture the Flag and King of the Hill.

• Version 0.4 brings in impulse volumes for grav lifts, turrets, and added in R0J0hound 's Paster plugin to start constructing split screen multiplayer. Split screen is much easier than I'd expected, which is nice to know.

Decided that with the way the game works, it shouldn't be hard to make a map builder either so that's on the todo list now as well. It will be array based, so I'm hoping to make it so maps can be used for online multiplayer matches as well as local.

• It's a shame this couldn't be uploaded as a kind of tutorial series, as many new users would find this useful.

Just need Tom to pull his finger out

• It's a shame this couldn't be uploaded as a kind of tutorial series, as many new users would find this useful.

Just need Tom to pull his finger out

I could probably make some tutorials for it once the Underground Jam is over.

• While I did not download the zip file, I really did not understand what's this about. Is it a game made in Construct 2? Is it made in something else? The title is quite confusing @

• Fawk

It takes seconds to download and look. You would have then seen it is a quite useful engine using C2.

• While I did not download the zip file, I really did not understand what's this about. Is it a game made in Construct 2? Is it made in something else? The title is quite confusing @

Yupp, zenox98 has a point. I am sorry about the misleading title though, I'll change it after I finish my first Underground Jam submission.

• Update 0.5: Vehicles now working! First vehicle created: Helicopter.

Enter the vehicle with up key, exit with E.

Vehicle collisions with player are now disabled if the vehicle has no passengers, or it's controlled by a team member.

Future vehicle updates will include the ability to splatter other players.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hate Mediafire and their ilk!

For some reason, won't download, albeit your other links downloaded fine.

• Hate Mediafire and their ilk!

For some reason, won't download, albeit your other links downloaded fine.

Sorry about that, I'll see what I can do to fix it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)