Free 2D Game Art for Your Projects

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi everyone,

I’ve begun creating 2D game art that you are welcome to freely use in your projects. Some is pixel art, some is derived from 3D objects that I created, and others are backgrounds that might be useful in visual novels and interactive fiction. You’ll find them on my new “ART” pages on my website:

soundimage.org

The art pages are located at the bottom of the menu list on the right side of the screen.

At this point I’m experimenting with different styles and methods so hopefully I will be able to offer a good variety of things. Please feel free to modify / edit as needed. If you happen to find any of these images helpful and decide to use them, please attribute me in the “game art” section of your credits area.

Enjoy!

• I don't need any art but I'll make use of the music if I ever finish my game. I'll donate and credit you if I do use it.

• Thanks for checking out my work and pledging a donation...I really appreciate it! :-)

• I ventured into new territory this week and experimented with creating animated game art. Made a couple of lanterns that might work in RPGs or other things. One is an old style hand-held one…the other might work for a street or attached to a tavern or inn. Both shimmer with an amber glow. You’ll find them here:

soundimage.org/art-glass-objects

I also created a treasure chest (with a couple of variations) that might come in handy. They are here:

soundimage.org/art-gems-and-coins

Feel free to edit as needed.

Enjoy!

• I opened a new page this week that has templates for maps. They might be handy for treasure maps, game world maps, etc. Just add graphics and text.

You’ll find them here:

soundimage.org/art-map-templates

Feel free to edit as needed.

Enjoy!

• Happy Saturday!

I’ve created some new island backgrounds that might be nice in visual novels, games, or other things.

They are here:

soundimage.org/art-backgrounds-nature

Please feel free to edit as needed.

Have a good weekend!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Happy Sunday everyone!

I’ve started experimenting with creating pixel art-style objects. You’ll find them here:

ART – Glass Objects

ART – Space

soundimage.org/art-space

As always, feel free to edit as needed.

Cool new textures are on their way tomorrow.

• Happy Saturday everyone!

More experimenting with pixel art-style objects here:

ART – Glass Objects

Please feel free to edit as needed.

More new music is on is on its way. For daily updates as I release new tracks, follow me here:

facebook.com/people/Eric-Matyas/100017638394276

Have a good weekend!

• Hey guys,

I’ve created some new nighttime urban backgrounds that might look atmospheric in visual novels, interactive comics or other kinds of games. You’ll find them here:

ART- Backgrounds – Urban

soundimage.org/art-backgrounds-urban

Feel free to edit / modify as needed.

Enjoy!

• Greetings everyone,

Brand new backgrounds are ready for your projects here:

ART- Backgrounds – Nature

soundimage.org/art-backgrounds-nature

ART – Backgrounds – Ruins

soundimage.org/art-backgrounds-ruins

As always, feel free to edit and modify as needed.

Have a great weekend!

• Greetings everyone,

Continuing my mad experiments with various game art styles, I’ve got some pixel art planets and space rocks here:

ART- SPACE

soundimage.org/art-space

They live toward the bottom of the page, so make sure to scroll down.

As always, feel free to edit and modify as needed.

Enjoy!

• Hey guys,

More experiments with various game art styles. I’ve got some pixel art-style map templates here:

ART- MAP TEMPLATES

soundimage.org/art-map-templates

You’ll need to scroll down to the bottom of the page.

It was suggested to me that they might also be useful as backgrounds. Feel free to edit and modify as needed.

Btw, if anyone happens to have kids (or know someone who does) I’ve created a learning series that teaches them environmental stewardship in a fun way through stories and characters. It was my first try at making films with a DSLR…(they can be very challenging to work with in the field)…but I think the films came out pretty well. The organization I made them for was very happy with them and uses the films all the time…hopefully others can benefit from them as well. Please feel free to share with teachers, family, friends or anyone you know who might find them useful.

soundimage.org/dunes-island

Enjoy!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)