Best and Easiest animation tool

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Trailer Force - Cinematic Sound Effects Tool Kit Pt.2: Drones
  • Hey fellow constructors,

I know that this may be an already often asked questions. But I used the search function and could not find an answer for a just very general question.

Can anyone recommend a program to do animation.

I know there are a lot of programms and I checked a bunch of them out. But I would like to know your experience.

• Animations done in which programm are easy to implement in construct 2? Spriter maybe?
    • For which programm are the sufficient tutorials online, also special tutorials how to use it with construct 2?
    • Which is easy to get into if you are new to animation?
  • Gimp, Paint tool SAI, Adobe Fireworks, ShoeBOX and so on. I avoid Adobe because they are expensive and with more than necessary features.

If you want high resolution animations, try use the manga studio, also known by Clip Paint Studio, it's cheap, powerful and have everything you need to make animations using vectors, pixels and more.

• thanks for ur answer. I worked with manga studio for some time. I never knew it hat a animation function. Is it frame by frame animation?

• yes and no, it's how you want it be, you can improve and automatize it with paths, effects, etc.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can anyone recommend a program to do animation.

- Animations done in which programm are easy to implement in construct 2? Spriter maybe?

- For which programm are the sufficient tutorials online, also special tutorials how to use it with construct 2?

- Which is easy to get into if you are new to animation?

DragonBones Pro is a recent offering to this category. It's a Spine alternative and it's open-source and free to use. There aren't any exporters specifically for Construct, so I just export as image files.

• >

> Can anyone recommend a program to do animation.

>

> - Animations done in which programm are easy to implement in construct 2? Spriter maybe?

>

> - For which programm are the sufficient tutorials online, also special tutorials how to use it with construct 2?

>

> - Which is easy to get into if you are new to animation?

>

http://dragonbones.com/en/download.html DragonBones Pro is a recent offering to this category. It's a Spine alternative and it's open-source and free to use. There aren't any exporters specifically for Construct, so I just export as image files.

Thanks a lot for your advice. I ll try that one too.

• Hello everyone,

Asepriste is a very good tool at an affordable price to create pixel art and animation. Ok, it's not a "Spine-or-Spriter-like" app but it makes the work if you are looking for a simple and efficient frame by frame approach.

• Hello everyone,

Asepriste is a very good tool at an affordable price to create pixel art and animation. Ok, it's not a "Spine-or-Spriter-like" app but it makes the work if you are looking for a simple and efficient frame by frame approach.

Good catch, I completely forgot about it. For pixel arts, the best!

• > Good catch, I completely forgot about it. For pixel arts, the best!

>

If you want a free pixel animation tool, then I'd point you to Piskel

• I am using SpriterPro only for character animations. It is easy to use and it has good performance in c2. It is easy to export, too, as .scml file (with the use of a plugin) or sprite strip, and you will find all the tutorials you need on youtube.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)