APK creator

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Game rank and league badge creator mega asset pack
  • Zharzew

What gamepad problems are you having with CocoonJS?

I knew from Ouya developer release that the controller doesn't have all the normal input. After making a work around for that my Ouya controller worked with CocoonJS.

• Zharzew

What gamepad problems are you having with CocoonJS?

I knew from Ouya developer release that the controller doesn't have all the normal input. After making a work around for that my Ouya controller worked with CocoonJS.

jayderyu this happens when a button is pressed and held (using the 'has been pressed' command, it will repeatedly act like the button is being pressed. This only happens when using the gamepad and cocoonjs (ie ouya). It works correctly on everything else. I have simple test cases that prove it. I just don't think many people have tried using cocoonjs and ouya yet. This issue would come up. Ludei has been useless in helping. They don't even have a copy of Construct to help debug. So annoying.

• As previously mentioned I have used CJS on the Ouya thruogh C2.

How about sending a simplified capx of just the problem. I'll take a look.

I wish I can give you a quick fix. But when I developed my game I prepared it to be Controller,Keyboard and Touch. So I built mine around an abstraction layer of functions. I know I also built mine by storing isDown state into an array on the controller and used that to determine on press and on release. Since Ouya controller api doesn't have a proper on release or down. i dont' remember which.

but I can take a look at yours and see if we can find a work around.

• mrchay any updates with the last crosswalk

• Steps to change icon and app name :

1) Download APKtool

2) decompile xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902.apk

run - apktool d <.apk file>

4) cd xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902

6) You can remove permissions in "AndroidManifest.xml".

5) cd res

6) make your icon.png file of 96x96 resolution

7) copy icon file in all drawable<-hdpi/-ldpi/-mdpi/-xhdpi> folders

8) cd values

9) open strings.xml in notepad and change "app_name" :

<string name="app_name"><your app name></string>

10) save file

11) recompile xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902.apk

run - apktool b xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902 xdkhtml5test.apk

12) Now sign the apk

java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 xdkhtml5test.apk xdkhtml5test.signed.apk

13) make sure to copy xdkhtml5test.signed.apk copy in "srcapk" folder

14) remove folder if any inside "srcapk"

15) make sure to keep only 1 .apk in "srcapk" folder

16) run go.bat

• socialpilgrim

Thanks for solving this. You rock. I am much excited about this.

• Anything that makes it easier to build game APKs is awesome. After reading the various tutorials(crosswalk, cocoon, ejecta) I found that it's easier to use Construct 2 for game making than those 3rd party programs for APK building. I'd pay to have Construct have native APK building support, that would be bad ass!

• Thanks you

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It's a bright start but using html5toapp builder will generate a larger size than the Intel XDK ( crosswalk ) or CocoonJS

• I don't know why Ashley doesn't use this method for compiling APK's for C2 IDE. It should be. NodeWebkit uses a similar method to this. So why not. Oh well.

• I think the problems with the use of:

• app.keystore,
    • size generated,

etc.

• Are you sure you know what your talking about?

1. Users can create there own keystore and drop it into a folder. Then the C2 can just make a reference. Actually XDk also requires the user involvement for a proper keystore .

2. I don't know why you are on this size kick. But XDK uses a full Chrome browser at apx 17mb. This does not count the game. This method uses the same chrome.apk that XDK uses and produces an apk apx the same output size. It's literally right there in size

decompile > xdk < html5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902.apk

uses the same APK that XDk does.

I will also add that the reason CJS is a smaller APK pack. Is because CJS only has 1/3 the features of a full browser.

• This looks quite promising, One question, how is it different to Crosswalk from XDK (plugins, options etc.)?

Because to be honest I'm tired of XDK and their workflow - send file somewhere, wait for compile, hen download it again... Maybe it's fine if you have fast internet connection, but for me it takes about 8 minutes to send 2mb file, XXX time to compile and about 14 minutes to download 20MB file...

I've been testing things yesterday with C2 and my galaxy S3, 10 builds altogether and they all took about 4 hours to send/build/download!

That's why I'm asking. If exported build works the same like from XDK I'll be happy to switch over and not waste half a day for stupid tests only.

• Steps to change icon and app name :

1) Download APKtool

2) decompile xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902.apk

run - apktool d <.apk file>

4) cd xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902

6) You can remove permissions in "AndroidManifest.xml".

5) cd res

6) make your icon.png file of 96x96 resolution

7) copy icon file in all drawable<-hdpi/-ldpi/-mdpi/-xhdpi> folders

8) cd values

9) open strings.xml in notepad and change "app_name" :

<string name="app_name"><your app name></string>

10) save file

11) recompile xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902.apk

run - apktool b xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902 xdkhtml5test.apk

12) Now sign the apk

java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 xdkhtml5test.apk xdkhtml5test.signed.apk

13) make sure to copy xdkhtml5test.signed.apk copy in "srcapk" folder

14) remove folder if any inside "srcapk"

15) make sure to keep only 1 .apk in "srcapk" folder

16) run go.bat

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)