[Team up] Side-scrolling Action RPG (see post for details)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
All popular touch mechanics - scrolling, zooming, swiping
  • Hi everyone

I have posted a help request long ago, but I wasn't really sure about the way the project would go. Now that I have done a lot of thought and planning, I would like to create a small team to give it a go.

The game genre, if it can be defined, is a metroidvania action-rpg, with fighter and stealth elements, as well as a heads-up to the unique physics of Sonic.

I have most of the game prototyped in another engine, and have recently started converting it to C2, so people who can handle the logic are more than welcome. Of course, I would need more than that so if you're interested, please reply.

me, I'm an artsy guy, I make graphics and sound, and can also do some logic programming.

---

The game will (ideally) feature:

• A story, lore and game world that revolve around (but not limited to) a fantasy world inspired by middle age Asia. This means there will be not only cultural references, but also mythology and a whole lot of fantasy to the mix.
    • Characters, both PCs and NPCs include warriors from these times, Ninjas, Samurais, Monks, etc, each with their own skills, attributes and perks.
    • Sidescroller sandbox exploration, which defies the laws of physics by running on walls, ceilings, and even on water; climb, grind, swing, slide. roll and do daring jumps, opening up new ways to explore levels.
    • 24h clock complete with day/night cycles, seasons, weather, and calendar. This will influence the gameplay greatly, from NPC behaviors, stealth success chances, item drops, etc.
    • Character development through a proficiency system, which means the more you do something, the better you get at doing it. This is allied to the typical XP/Level system which boosts the base stats only.
    • Varied enemies, from the typical forward-charging-berserk to smart and stone-cold ones.
    • The fauna and flora can be with, neutral, or against you. Most animals are passive until you screw it up...
    • Go on your quest and accept missions. or just fool around...
    • A fighting system reminiscent of Street Fighter, with some other unique elements.

Most of these features have already proof-of-concept, so it's nothing impossible

With the help of various people and free resources, i built a prototype which can be found if you follow the links in my signature.

For videos, you can check here:

latest builds in the previous engine:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEM5OU ... Jog/videos

older builds:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 746F5F8A13

--------------------

• It does seems like a quite interesting project, pm me if you still need some help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Is anyone else interested? Also, any questions, comments, critiques? Let me hear from you, community.

What do you expect of such a game? What would you like to see?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)