Do people need hosting for their game?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hello,

I have my own websites and pay for server hosting but not sure what others do. I know there are places you can upload your game (Scirra arcade, Facebook, Kongegrate, etc - many places) but I am not familiar with them and not sure what hoops you have to jump through or cons to these sites (like required advertisement banners or requiring to sign up before you play).

Anyway, just wanted to test the waters and see if people are in need of a place to upload their game to that is hassle free and could provide a direct link.

I have also implemented high score tables before and thinking about setting up tracking players while playing so I can see how long they play and such in order to use as feedback to improve the game. These are aspects that many seem to struggle with so thought I would mention that as well.

Any feedback on this idea appreciated. Let me know if there is a site where many are happily uploading their games or if people are struggling how to share with others.

Thanks

• Thought I would add a link to a Construct project exported as a web project, just in case people haven't seen one not hosted on a site that adds a bunch of extra stuff, ha:

http://bit.ly/Ninja0619

• Bitballoon is what I use. It's free and I've never had problems with it.

• Bitballoon is what I use. It's free and I've never had problems with it.

I will check it out, thanks

• I like DigitalOcean personally. For $5 a month it is a beast of a server.

• I like DigitalOcean personally. For $5 a month it is a beast of a server.

You have a domain purchased with that? If not, what are your links like?

• > I like DigitalOcean personally. For $5 a month it is a beast of a server.

>

You have a domain purchased with that? If not, what are your links like?

I use namecheap for my domains.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > I like DigitalOcean personally. For $5 a month it is a beast of a server.

> >

>

> You have a domain purchased with that? If not, what are your links like?

>

I use namecheap for my domains.

Ah, so have a domain and hosting. I guess I didn't make it that clear, I was asking what people that don't have domain and hosting do with their games when they are done or want to share. And if those people are happy with those other means.

For example, if you go to ArmorGames or Kongregate to play a game I find it annoying that they try to get you to sign up/log in, there are banner ads everywhere, and the game isn't full screen.

To be straightforward, I am just trying to see if there is a need in the Construct community for people that need assistance in getting their project online somehow. I started doing web design before first using Construct so it was simple for me, but I just had the thought What do most people do? Wonder if a lot of people have issues getting their game up somewhere?

Thanks for your comments

• We use Amazon Web Services for all of our servers. They do a wide range of sizes and scales for a wide price range. Good service.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)