Hello Construct 2 Forum and interested 2D Artist!
my name is Andreas Lopez, on the worldwide web also known as 'Uriel1339'. A friend and I recently formerly founded a company to make games, we are making these in a modified version of 'One Game Per Month Challenge', so it is in reality 10 weeks consisting out of:
1 Week Pre-Production (Research, Concept, Planning, etc.)
8 Weeks Production (Making the assets, programming the game, publishing the game, etc.)
1 Week Post-Production (Post Mortem document, Marketing, etc.)
We fully intend to make commercial projects, not just games for fun and we set this 10-week challenge onto ourselves to get a realistic feel for the Game Industry as we intend our projects to become part of our portfolios and first steps into the professional portion of the industry. As a team we have completed our first game just recently named 'A Casual Chat' which won a prize in the contest we made it for.
However we are recruiting in fact for our next project, which starts around 3rd week of August with production. While it is our second project as a team, I already developed one game before that, named Space Marauder with Construct 2 and published it on Scirra Arcade. Revenue Share can be discussed in detail, but expect to earn 15%. Please note that this is not profit share. You get a piece of the cake, no matter how much we make.
Some Information on the game:
- WIP Title ' Shielda'
- 2D Side-Scrolling Action-Shooter (Metal Slug is main inspiration, supported by Contra)
- We want to make this a modern game (no chip-rock, pixel art, etc.); The closest from style is a mix between Raze [proportions] & Strikeforce Heroes [gear] (both playable on )
- Modern mechanics through upgrade trees and the power of choice in equipment.
- The rough outline of the game is that a country comes under attack and you play as one of the soldiers defending it and eventually lead the counter-attack to stop the war as quick as possible.
What we offer:
- We want to build long-term relationships with our collaborators for multiple projects
- Revenue Share of roughly 15% (terms can be discussed)
- Collaboration, you don't only work for us, you work WITH us. This means you get some input on our creative decisions of the game.
- We trust specialists in their field. You have more audio experience than us, this means we will listen to what you suggest.
We are currently:
1 Game Designer & Producer - Andreas Lopez aka Uriel1339 (I do a bit of everything, and also am a full-time webmaster, so I maintain our website)
1 Narrative Designer - WanderingJester (He does all the writing, story arcs, atmosphere, etc.)
1 Programmer - Florian aka ColonelJustice here on the C2 Forum (Does all the bug eliminating & implementation)
1 Sound Designer - Many applicants so far, but we are just narrowing it down now to whom we want to go with.
We look for:
1 x 2D Artist - Requirements are as follows:
Base Sprite Creation
Background & Tiles
Graphic Special Effects (GFX)
Capability to make sideway Sprites
Send some work examples via E-Mail or PM on this forum
Skype (Text-chat is required on a frequent base to keep everyone up-to-date with progress, also to attend 1 of 2 weekly meetings)
Construct 2 Personal License not required
Published Assets a plus
If you have any questions feel free to reply in this thread or message me directly.