[No longer FREE]: C2 developer services/partnership

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Edit: Yes I'm still "sticking around" Please get in touch with any/all interesting projects. Thanks!

Go to last post for latest status. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm an experienced Windows developer (C++/Java) getting into 2D games. Have looked at Unity, etc. but decided to focus on C2 as the best way to get some games under my belt.

At the moment I can offer some free dev time for nothing more than a credit on your game if you get published. I'll give my honest opinion about any task offered and tell you if I don't think I can handle it. I.e. I won't waste your time. I just want to build up some real world reputation as well as skills and experience in C2. As such I'd prefer projects that are at least hoping to see the light of day i.e. no homework please!

I'm a quick learner and you'll see that most of my forum posts are helping to answer questions rather than asking them

Obviously I don't have a portfolio of games, just the one on the WIP forum (which is actually pretty complete).

https://www.scirra.com/forum/berzerk_t109651 It's a 1:1 re-make but I think shows attention to detail and the fact that I can complete a project.

I'm based in Melbourne, Australia. I only speak English I do have Skype but I think for small tasks, my preference would be email. I will usually be able to answer very quickly.

Please drop me a PM if you're interested. Thanks.

• Edit: so no interest. I thought free was pretty good, I normally get a 6 figure salary

The problem is not no interest.

The problem is "how long are you willing to stick around".

Typically a game could take 3 months - 12 months in making.

If you want to help out someone because you're free for the moment, that moment could be very radical according to your life and could last a week, a month? and then the project has to try pull in another dev and get him adapted to your flow of code... not to mention reading through your code (and in most cases not great commenting because who has time).

• > Edit: so no interest. I thought free was pretty good, I normally get a 6 figure salary

The problem is not no interest.

The problem is "how long are you willing to stick around".

Typically a game could take 3 months - 12 months in making.

If you want to help out someone because you're free for the moment, that moment could be very radical according to your life and could last a week, a month? and then the project has to try pull in another dev and get him adapted to your flow of code... not to mention reading through your code (and in most cases not great commenting because who has time).

Hey krish thanks for the input. I guess what I'm offering is help with anything at all that could be farmed out from somebody's project, but maybe it's not so easy to do that. Like, "I need XYZ fixed, it's not behaving properly and I just can't seem to get around to doing it. It should take a day or two". Or "I need this game mechanic implemented; here's the requirement, see what you can do in a week". I wasn't suggesting to give 3 or 6 months full time on one project. Ultimately I'd like to make a living doing game development, if I possibly can. Right now I'm able to give 100% of my time. Perhaps I just need to continue with my own stuff or maybe team up with someone in a similar situation.

• If you would like to jump on board I am wanting to redo my game I did with Game Maker Studio to Construct 2, I will be upping the graphics as well and adding more features.

If you want in on this you will need to know the following,

how to make a platform game

how to make an endless runner

how to work with global vars for things like power ups

how to add in app purchases

how to add advertisements

how to add facebook posts, friend challenges, etc....

the game you can find scattered across the web but the main nest is here https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tinc&hl=en

I know nothing about construct 2 hence why I am looking for someone to guide this project but they keep changing the way you code in GML very frequent so I am switching to something a little more stable.

• jtownsend1190 PM sent

• Ugh this forum won't let me reply until 500 rep. You can contact me at j t o w n s e n d 1 1 9 0 g m a i l . C o m as for the new sign up yeah I understand I just don't usually sign up for forums unless something catches my attention you can Google my user name though all 3 pages are me on each link.

• codah I am interested if you are still taking time willing to do anything if not Thank you for offering this!

• I hope we can work together on this simple game.. If you are still available. The game is aimed just for fun and portfolio. The gameplay style is like Ant Smasher.

• I hope we can work together on this simple game.. If you are still available. The game is aimed just for fun and portfolio. The gameplay style is like Ant Smasher.

Pm sent

• codah

I cannot send PM, as I am a newbie here. Is there any other way to contact.

• codah

I cannot send PM, as I am a newbie here. Is there any other way to contact.

sent you my email

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • codah If you are still available, I am developing a game which needs some help.

Hit me if you are still interested.

• codah If you are still available, I am developing a game which needs some help.

Hit me if you are still interested.

PM sent

• NB: This offer is not free any more, only paid/partnership/etc..

But currently taken until further notice. Thanks.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)