We are in need of a 2D pixel artist. The standard for the graphics isn't that high. Just use as many colors as you want, but only 3 hues per color. Resolution is also 640x480 and the base tile size is 32x32.
What kind of game is it? Its what you get when you combine elements of Zelda, Mario, Mega Man and Kirby. Here are some screenshots of the project in question, to start off.
This is being developed into an action RPG with some unique features here and there to its systems that make it more fun. Here is a list of some of the features it is going to ultimately have:
- Reallocating stat points you already placed into stats.
- Combating enemies similar to the way Kirby does.
- Lots of original combat abilities which can be stolen from enemies via assimilation.
- Robust enemies that challenge your skills.
- Intricate boss battles, usually at the end of each world.
- A free roaming, evolving map screen, with more detailed world maps where you enter stages.
- Stage by stage format.
- Lots of interaction with the environment.
- Creative status ailments specifically for robots so it's not just the old "poisoned" or what have you.
- Extra play modes like boss endurance which unlock after completing the game.
- Unique minibosses at the end of almost every stage.
If I've piqued your interest and you have some questions about the project, by all means ask away! <img src="smileys/smiley1.gif" border="0" align="middle">