Google Blocky in C3

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hello,

I have this crazy idea to integrate Blocky into C3 so that one could create little scripts within a game, for example, using Blocky.

So, within a game one opens a blocky editor, creates a scipt, which is then tied somehow into a game -- perhaps via parameterized function calls.

Although other uses can be envisioned such as blocks used to configure game settings, in a configuration editor during the running of a game.

developers.google.com/blockly

I am looking for someone to help do this, and i wonder if this is in principle possible with C3 javascript support, and how much time / cost this would take?

Daniel

• Hi Daniel! It can be made, the timing and costs depend to what extent you want to implement this.

Feel free to message me so we can further discuss.

Discord: Joyboy#7054

Email: jonathangavartgno@gmail.com

• Hi Jonathan,

Thank you.

I myself don't exactly know what I need just yet, it will come to me when i start trying out a first rough integration.

What I currently have in mind is to:

1. have a layout that can be opened during the runtime

2. have a blockly editor in that layout

3. have the ability to load custom blocks, including a complete new set of blocks, specifically designed for a game -- those blocks can be created using an online editor -- its part of the blockly git package

4. creation of a block structure via drag and drop

5. generate some custom text -- this text could then be stored in a C3 runtime data structure. I would later send the contents back to the server for further processing.

At this stage I am not interested in JavaScript generation -- but only a text file that serves as a configuration file for further processing.

What do you think?

Dan

• Hi Daniel,

It sounds good, I've used blocky in my first year of college and had made some games in Stencyl which has a similar format way back then when I didn’t know how to program.

The good thing is that it's 100% javascript and there's a ton of support, so building it on Construct3 should be well.

Also, the Javascript generation should be done relatively easy, basically what well send back is the code behind it.

When do you plan on starting?

Jonathan

• Thanks Jonathan,

Yes, my feeling was that it should be easy to integrate, unless, C3 puts up some roadbocks in how it expects plugins (or javascript code) to work that make Blockly hard to integrate.

Also, let me mention -- i am not interested at this stage to generate javascript code; but to have a custom generator included that works with custom blocks to generate configuration files.

As far as i understood -- Blockly out of the box does not have a javascript generator -- and allows including any generator one wants -- and that's what i need for my game.

I would want to start as soon as possible, but would need to know how affordable it is for me to do ...

thanks,

Daniel

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Daniel,

Yes, when the C3 puts some roadblocks in the ability to integrate a plugin, you can separate it within a separate frame in Construct and communicate via the DOM.

Well, if you like the idea so it can be affordable, I can set up the whole base and integrate some of the core functions so you can have something to base off and do the rest yourself, in the case of further needing my assistance, it can be hourly just helping you out in a problem or two.

To get it running would be 120USD with the base I'm mentioning, if you need help on anything else, it would be 24USD per day.

Let me know what you think, btw sorry for just responding, do you think we can talk through discord or any faster way?

Jonathan

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)