Freelancer topic can be closed now

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • This topic can be closed now

• Why would anyone sell a game to you exclusively for 200-400$ when you get 400-500$ for a non-exclusive HTML5 game ?

Heres some pricing info from True Valhalla html5 book (found in this thread: http://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/772- ... hing-else/ ):

When a publisher expresses an interest in any of your games you'll need to determine a suitable price to charge for licensing. The minimum fee I currently accept for a non-exclusive license is $400, the most I ever charged was $950, and the average is approximately $550. While I don't offer exclusive licenses to publishers, I would currently charge between $4000-$5000 for one. Rental fees are normally non-negotiable, but $50-$75 per month is an average rate.

You can (and should) set different prices for different publishers. Charge large companies more, especially if they're based in Europe. A quick Google search can give you with an idea of how well financed a company is, and where they are situated. Use this information to determine a suitable value for your work. Negotiating a fee requires good judgement. With some experimentation, you'll be able to determine a publisher's range, and charge accordingly.

HTML5 games are currently worth a lot of money - keep it that way by maintaining high prices for quality content. Sometimes it is worth throwing away a sale in order to protect future business. I could sell my games for $150-$300 per non-exclusive license to some publishers, but for the sake of maintaining the value of HTML5 games I do not. Only accept a fair price, and do not settle for less than what your content is worth.

• Good point edited the price

• The updated price (500-800 usd) might cover the art cost for a small game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for your input

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)