(CLOSED) In need of a developer

0 favourites
  • POSITION TAKEN?: YES!!!

Thank you to Lasmelan for taking the position of Multiplayer Programmer. The position is now closed.

• +bump

• Hey TechnoBeaver, how are you doing? I am more than willing to help though there are some caveats. I am a senior javascript engineer and have been programming for about 12 years now. I have more than enough experience to write a multiplayer backend for you, but the problem is my experience with Construct is fairly low. So, speeding up your multiplayer functionality, adding save games, etc would all be easy on the server side for me, but on the game side I would need some guidance.

I have no need for payment or an ad for anything. I just want to have my name in the credits, and I want to have a fun side project to work on with cool people.

* Oh, and I like long walks on the beach and pinã coladas.

• Hey TechnoBeaver, how are you doing? I am more than willing to help though there are some caveats. I am a senior javascript engineer and have been programming for about 12 years now. I have more than enough experience to write a multiplayer backend for you, but the problem is my experience with Construct is fairly low. So, speeding up your multiplayer functionality, adding save games, etc would all be easy on the server side for me, but on the game side I would need some guidance.

I have no need for payment or an ad for anything. I just want to have my name in the credits, and I want to have a fun side project to work on with cool people.

* Oh, and I like long walks on the beach and pinã coladas.

Sounds good man, I can definitely put your name in the credits. Add me on skype at aidan310

Sike, I found you on skype and sent a request.

• Ok lol I haven't used skype in a long while, so wish me luck in getting access to my account.

• I'm still looking for other people to possibly help, so if you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me.

• well, I am interested but I'm still working on another project right now. I'll let you know if I'm free

• Hi,

I have set up my own multiplayer functions using the built in C2 Multiplayer WebRTC.

Depending on what you functionality you need I could certainly code the multiplayer part for you.

Regards,

Tom

• Hi,

I have set up my own multiplayer functions using the built in C2 Multiplayer WebRTC.

Depending on what you functionality you need I could certainly code the multiplayer part for you.

Regards,

Tom

I'm interested in seeing what your mutliplayer system is. Please contact me on my Skype at aidan310 or email me at amead237(at)gmail.com

• "Payment is available, but that will be worked out later." - TechnoBeaver

Sounded interesting until I read that part. So basically this is a "Work for free until the game makes millions before you get payed" sort of deal? Or do you actually plan on paying the artists in a professional manor?

If this is actually paying work, as in, you actually pay me when you receive the artwork? If so I will take up your challenge!

If this is not paying work, you should let people know that they may actually receive nothing if you decide to cancel the game, or the game is not profitable. It is also customary to offer the artists profit sharing, so they want to make the game succeed. You basically are trading stock in the game in absence of actually paying the people for their work. It makes it good for them to gamble their time because if the game is successful they profit. If not they might actually loose all of their time and artwork and designs if by chance the game is a failure. Sort of sweetens the deal for everyone, and makes it so everyone is trying to make the best product possible.

• jojoe

Is this is a "Work for free until the game makes millions before you get payed" sort of deal? Or do you actually plan on paying the artists in a professional manor?

First off, I plan on releasing the game for free. I won't be selling the game.

Secondly, when I state that "Payment is available, but that will be worked out later." I mean that we will work out a form of payment that work best for your situation and my situation. For example, if you wanted, I can pay you after you finish coding a certain part of the game, I could pay you after the game is finished. Also, if you wanted to be paid in some weird form, like games on Steam, I can accommodate that. We'll work out your payment the way you want, as we work on the project.

If your interested, please contact me on skype at aidan310 or email me at

Thanks again, I hope you can help me out.

• I could help you out. Sent an email.

• Still looking for another developer... Please contact me if interested.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hi, I think I can do this but the problem is I'm in some kind of other project right now. Give me one or two weeks and then let me see if you're still looking for a help

• Daggio Okay, I'll tag you in a post in the next 1-2 weeks if I don't get someone else.

yolameo I didn't get your email, I don't think you sent it to the right guy.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)