Aspiring artists this is for you (pixel art)

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
120 Epic Fire FX Animations + 2 Bonus Characters. Contains 3000+ frames and a lot of Pixel Art Sprites
  • ***Not Paid*** (or at least no guarantee of money)

***No Commitment or Deadlines***

Why would you be interested in this then?

I have a day job but love the idea of making video games as a hobby. I am looking for someone in a similar situation but with art. I keep spending so much time with the art side and am not satisfied - I want to spend more time designing, developing and coding. I am in no place to make any promises on how skilled I am so I don't expect you to either.

If you are in a place where you aren't confident enough to sign up for a paid gig where a certain quality is expected and deadlines must be met then hit me up and we will chat. (you just have to be better than me, which isn't saying much! ha)

Right now I want to work on a game that is all in an office setting - so not real complicated and not that much needed. 'Pixel art' is perfectly acceptable, if you are old like me (okay I'm not that old) I'm talking around SNES level of graphics is fine. Contact me for more details.

If office setting isn't your thing but the rest sounds like you contact me as I have other projects I stopped because I was depressed from looking at my poor art.

My goal is to get a fun little interesting game completed and published to AppStore. It would be free to play (none of my friends pay for phone games and I would want them to check it out) - just want to get something out there.

So let me sum up some Pros for you if you aren't enticed yet

Pros:

• Work on your art and see it in a project
    • Add to your portfolio (credit you on title screen)
    • No deadlines or commitment
    • Networking (if work together well could do it again - maybe for money next time)
    • Website - if you don't have a website but are interesting in getting one I do web development, too. If establish a good working relationship could help you out in that area.
  • You don't need to try to lure anyone to the wonders of unpaid gigs, just say you're making a game as a hobby and you're looking for a hobbyist artist. Lay out your idea and what you're looking for and you'll find someone in no time

• You don't need to try to lure anyone to the wonders of unpaid gigs, just say you're making a game as a hobby and you're looking for a hobbyist artist. Lay out your idea and what you're looking for and you'll find someone in no time

haha, thanks. I'm realizing I type too much . . .

• I'm definitely interested. I'll send you a message ASAP.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, I was going to PM you but I don't have enough reputation to do so. Perhaps we speak via e-mail? You can reach me at fmb137 gmail.com

I'm very interested in seeing if we can work together. Going by your post, I think we might balance each other's deficits fairly well. I'm personally working on two games at the moment -- one of which is more "serious" (in that I want it to be commercially successful), and another that is, for now, just for fun. My weakest area in all of this is the programming. I'm very slowly getting better, but I'm also trying to hone my other skills (namely art). I'm actually more of a writer than anything else, if I had to force myself into a label, though I prefer the moniker "storyteller" -- I've focused on novels and some minor film-making, but this is my first foray into actually making video games (despite the fact that I've wanted to get into since I was a child). Here are some examples of my stuff -- bear in mind that it's all a work in progress:

Here are two brief videos of some of the level/world design I've been working on (disregard the terrible character models, they're just place holder!), as well as some random art:

Whoops, also forgot I can't post URL's yet...just take out the spaces on either side of "vimeo" in the links

https:// vimeo.com /153411049

https:// vimeo.com /153410512

Definitely e-mail me if you're interested -- at the very least we could swap some ideas!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)