How To: Animate and Light Weapons

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
professionally animated character with Brashmonkey Spriter
  • Hey guys!

I've been working on animations for our upcoming game, Dragonfly Zero, and wanted to share the process I used to create the weapon firing animations.

Wasn't sure which subforum to put this in, as it pertains heavily to art. However, it does include a good deal of technical aspects of making the art, so this subforum should work as well as any!

The write-up ended up being pretty long, but I added in pictures and humor where I could to make it more accessible. This post should be useful for artists and non-artists alike!

You can either click the banner at the top, or click this URL: How To: Animate and Light Weapons

Let me know what you guys think!

A few of the animations:

• I like it! Not being much of an artist, myself, I feel these technique could help me with my own projects since you explained everything fairly well. Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DatapawWolf Glad you like it! I just updated it to include the original file I used, so you can compare your work or work off of that file while you go through it.

I'll be writing similar, graphic-based blog posts in the future and actually have intentions to write one about how to fit your game to any size screen/aspect ratio coming up here within a month or so - so stay tuned!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)