Thinking about paying someone to make my game. Tips?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • CONTEXT:

I want to create a game in construct, but I just can't deal with the programing stuff. I like thinking about the game mechanics, create sprites and art stuff (obs:to this date I already did about 200mb of sprites for the so dreamed game) but I never managed to create the game itself. Construct 2 was the first engine that I managed to make a small game, but I can't do some complex things neededto fullfil my ambition (like doing an inventory).

QUESTION:

So I am thinking about paying someone to do the program stuff for me, but I am stuck at the art stuff because I don't really know how the engine works so well...I need some tips about how I should make the sprites (especially when doing the map levels desingn). Also, I would like to have some tips and opinion about paying someone to program my game. Where can I find one? I saw some people that do this kind of stuff on fiverr, is it good? It's safe? It works? Should I learn programming myself?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How "complicated" is the game you are dreaming about?

If understanding events is to hard, then making computer/mobile games will be quite hard for you I believe. Try to look into all the demos and tutorials.

(To hire a random dude on fiverr might work, but I do not believe the result will be exactly like you want it. To create a basic first idea of the game play might work, but then it is countless of hours to make it "perfect", and to have someone hired (by the hour) to fine tune everything might not be possible, for your wallet..)

• Check the Job Offers and Team Requests forums on this website, this is about people using Construct and possibly able to help you as intended.

Making graphics depends on the design of the game you are making, so in your current plan, you want to hire someone to program the game and they are the ones who are going to tell you exactly what type of assets to make, accordingly to how the game is built.

You can read about how graphic assets work in Construct :

https://www.construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/sprite

https://www.construct.net/fr/make-games/manuals/construct-3/interface/animations-editor

https://www.construct.net/fr/make-games/manuals/construct-3/tips-and-guides/memory-usage

• How "complicated" is the game you are dreaming about?

If understanding events is to hard, then making computer/mobile games will be quite hard for you I believe. Try to look into all the demos and tutorials.

(To hire a random dude on fiverr might work, but I do not believe the result will be exactly like you want it. To create a basic first idea of the game play might work, but then it is countless of hours to make it "perfect", and to have someone hired (by the hour) to fine tune everything might not be possible, for your wallet..)

I don't know if I can explain how complicated it is, but I'll try...I'm trying to make a top down shooter with some crafting elements. *laughs* xD

I already looked into the differents demos and tutorials but whenever a try to make something alone it just don't work :/ and it's frustrating because it looks easy but I just can't get it right.

• Maybe try to find some freelancers?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)