RPG Template or Engine like Zelda/Pokemon

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Fruit Slicer Template & Quality fruit and slice graphics (capx,c3p,png,illustrator files)
  • Hi! Does anyone know of, or has anyone developed an RPG template or engine that plays like the Legend of Zelda or Pokemon games from the Gameboy Advance era?

I'm desperately looking for an engine I can get and start applying my own artwork and assets to.

Anyone know of anything? It would be much appreciated!

• There are many threads regarding the RPG mechanics (if you are willing to invest some time in learning), but if you are after a ready-made template, then probably your best bet is the Store.

• Hey zenox98, thnaks for the reply. Yeah, no luck in the Store or on Codecanyon either. It seems like RPGs aren't as popular as platformers - you don't really see a lot of the same standout quality you do in terms of the platformer engines and templates out there. I've just finished working with a really solid engine for a game for a client's intranet.

I would actually love to put in the time and stitch together some of the cool stuff I've found in the Scirra Tutorials, but I have this upcoming project with a tight deadline. I doubt I'd be able to start from scratch and still sleep enough at night!

• They sell this turnbased RPG template on the store:

https://www.scirra.com/store/games-with ... plate-1038

It is more western RPG then pokemon but maybe it fits your needs though.

• If I wasn't so focused on finishing my own zelda-like game, I would be all over posting a template to the store. It's simply more complex than a lot of platformer stuff, though, so not as many people can/know how to do it.

• Appreciate the feedback I did come across that template. It's pretty much the only fleshed out one in the store.

• Hi,

don't know if anyone's still interested, but actually I'm currently working on a template for retro-style action RPGs. You can find a video here: youtube.com/watch

Captured it with snagit, framerate is a little bit sloppy. Used graphics from Seki's template and Fantasy RPG Tileset.

I hope I'll manage to finish this someday.

Regards, schueppe

• Hi schueppe, that's great. I watched the video, and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Please keep us updated and let us know when it will be in the Scirra Store.

Great work!

• Hi clockszy,

glad you like it. I hope I'll be able to improve it further in the next couple of days and post a demo. Feedback will be very welcome.

Regards, schueppe

• You might consider this action RPG engine by vybr

https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-fr ... ngine-1901

There's a demo to try; it's quite cute and seems flexible. It's not Zelda, but it's ready now, and has a lot of potential.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Kinda surprised there's no LPC template.

I think the license would work as long as credit is given.

Although I don't think the Scirra license covers anything gpl-ish.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)