RPG game help

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I am trying to make a rpg game but I cant find any artwork or resources to use. Help would be appreciated but it would be double if I could have a capx example. i am using the free version of construct 2. Thanks in advance!

• I don't have resources I can really provide other than you may want to see some of the art resources in the rpg maker (vx/vx ace/xp) communities. To get you started, you'll likely want to use the 8-direction movement behavior on your character. If you're new to development, I recommend using the tilemap plugin and build your maps out of tiles like that. You'll need to familiarize yourself with arrays (or dictionaries) in-game for handling the large amount of data in most rpg's, and you'll need to come up with a good state-management system for yourself if you're going to make a battle system. It is no small task, but it's very rewarding to see it start to come together. I can't really provide a capx--I don't think mine would help greatly anyways since the game has gotten so large. I wouldn't expect anyone to pour through 2,500 or so events to learn things. But that also brings up a limitation you'll have with the free version--you can only use 100 events.

Perhaps a nice route to go would be to make a few small prototype-style games (one to prototype moving around a town, one to prototype battles, one to prototype menu systems, etc) and take what you learn from those for creating the full opus.

• [quote:2oaq6f52] you may want to see some of the art resources in the rpg maker (vx/vx ace/xp) communities

I have had a bad experiance with rpg maker but i looked for sprites and all i found were sounds! Thx anyways

• [quote:2ahux7gt] you may want to see some of the art resources in the rpg maker (vx/vx ace/xp) communities

I have had a bad experiance with rpg maker but i looked for sprites and all i found were sounds! Thx anyways

I said look in the rpg maker communities. Ie, forums. People there make endless spritesheets, tile sets, backdrops, and then whole generators for sprites.

• r2cvv

You won't be able to build a full rpg battle system with only 100 events unfortunately. A demo maybe, but once again it would be very limited. Is this your first construct2 project? Do you have any programming experience?

If this is your first construct 2 project and you have no prior programming experiences, then I think you should start with a smaller project till you get a better understanding of how C2 works.

• retrodude I know some java and html and this is not my 1st project with construct 2 and btw i have a battle system set up i just need the player moving done

C-7 I have looked on le fourms and i could only find sounds

• opengameart or rpgmakerweb likely have what you need

• I need to know the concept rpgmakerweb is all python or ruby

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There's great RPG-ready pixelart there nonetheless.

• Srry for not noticing that but opengameart is great. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)