I was an art major in college. Here are my thoughts.
Art is harder to learn than programming because it requires practice. You can't get good just by reading a tutorial. You need hands on work to train yourself.
Depending on the type of art the game requires, there are many things you might need to learn such as human anatomy, perspective, composition, color theory, animation principles, light and value, landscapes, and so on.
Programming is more of a science than an art. You learn the rules, and then do it. You may need practice to help engrave something into memory, but that's it. Over time, you learn techniques and figure out better ways to do something. How well you can code depends on how much experience you have, though creativity can make problem solving easier.
Unlike programming, there are no rules for art. You can make the game look however you want. However, if you work for some company, you may need to be able to make your art blend in with the game. If the game is realistic, they won't want you doing cartoony bosses.
Working for yourself, you have complete freedom. You can do both programming and art. If you work for someone else, you will probably just do one thing, though it helps to have some experience with more than one skill. For example, in a video I watched by a concept artist from Naughty Dog, he mentioned that concept art these days can be done in 3d to make it better integrated into the pipeline and give the 3d artists a starting point. so, it helps to have enough skill to be able to be diverse.
Construct 2 is pretty easy to use. In one year, I can make about anything I can think of. I spend most of my time doing the hard parts like art. Creating animations and good level graphics are where most of my time is being spent. Keep in mind that I'm 32 and have been doing art since I was born practically. Don't expect shortcuts to good art.
Programming outside of Construct 2 will be harder to learn. I like C2 because it is visual oriented. Learning code seems like a chore to me, and I've even made my own websites in the past, so I know a bit about html and css. If you really want to learn it, it will take a while, so focus on one thing at a time rather than becoming an expert at every programming language at once.
I would pick an area of focus. Either concentrate on art or concentrate on programming. Then, learn the other skill as a secondary skill that you spend less time on. My choice would be art as a primary, but be honest with how well you could do at it before you decide. If you think of yourself more of a programmer, then concentrate on that instead. Then, divide it up, maybe 80/20. So, 80 percent of the time you are training, you are focusing on art, and the other 20 percent of your time is devoted to learning programming.