What procedure do you follow regarding graphics?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Over 1700 16x16 pixel art RPG icons for item and skills
  • Hi!

I'm new here and this is my first question.

As you are more experienced than me, because you have already made some games, you could answer me aptly to this:

I've decided to start making the game with poor/simple graphics, and then when i finish the game (events etc) then i shall replace the assets with the final graphics. So instead of making firstly the graphics, i would focus on constructing the game, and then decide the final graphics it would have.

So my question is if this could be possible, or i would meet any obstacles which would result to changing my events or making any core changes (so this would lead to waste of time)

Does anyone do the same and how efficient is that?

Thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You will need to plan ahead some as at some point you will probably rely on animations for timing.

• What newt said. As long as you think ahead about the number of animation frames you might need, and how long they will be displayed... it shouldn't be a problem at all to replace graphics later on.

I do it all the time. Placeholder graphics certainly stop you from being side-tracked with development.

If you require animations for specific items or characters, even super badly drawn ones will do the job. I often just make 2 frames and loop them across the total number of frames i plan to have later; so code-wise it works as intended even though it may look derpy as hell.

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)