What Pro Companies graphic editor use?

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • illustator, inskape, or what??

• Aseprite

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The answer is, it depends. You need to try the tools out and see which ones fit your style. Personally, I used Gimp and Inkscape together for years. Then I bought the Adobe suite and realized, I preferred Gimp and Inkscape to Photoshop and Illustrator. I also tried a few other Open Source products such as Pencil, Synfig, Paint.net and many more. They were all great tools but I just kept going back to what I knew in the end.

I like to create the base graphics in Inkscape, add detail in the Gimp and, as of late, I have been using Spriter to animate it.

I would suggest you stick to Open Source at least until your art starts paying. Commercial graphics programs cost too much for a hobbyist in my opinion.

Also, if you have access to a touch screen or usb connected tablet, MyPaint is a fantastic digital painting tool. Check it out.

• Photoshop. the entire photoshop suite of software. Though you will some that go outside PS. The majority use Photoshop. For 2d that is.

However. I suggest going to Amazon to get Manga Studio for cheap.

I've used Inkscape. Paint.net, Gimp and a few others. But by hands down Manga Studio for $50 that I got is the best art program i've used. And I know from the artist in the company I work with. Find MS good, but not as good as PS.

• The entire adobe suite: photoshop to after effects.

• Photoshop and Illustrator in combination! Absolutely nothing can be open source and good enough to battle the unbelievable comfort of smart objects!

• Photoshop is really a tool of choice. As far as animations are concerned, flash is a very nice package. But those are pretty expensive!

There is one open source software that is very good in my opinion, and it's krita ( https://krita.org/index.php ). It's a very solid package for illustration, painting and texture creation.

The entire adobe suite: photoshop to after effects.

It gets pretty expensive then though! Photoshop+lightroom alone cost approx 12€ a month here. That's 60€ for the whole suite (jeez I want to use flash sooo bad!).

• > The entire adobe suite: photoshop to after effects.

>

It gets pretty expensive then though! Photoshop+lightroom alone cost approx 12€ a month here. That's 60€ for the whole suite (jeez I want to use flash sooo bad!).

The subscription plan is pretty affordable if you are making money from your business. Write it off against expenses.

Buying the products outright is very expensive.

You can also rent on a month by month, so if you need xyz, and for 2 months, then you can budget that cost into your quote.

• DUTOIT : sure. Actually I'm starting out as a freelancer, so I've had quite a bit of money to invest straight up with decent earnings, but I don't need most tools just yet. Thanks =) !

• The tool is not that important. It's the ARTIST that makes artwork great!

So whether one uses PhotoShop or Gimp, it does not matter, the software won't paint art by itself or make a bad artist look any better!

• photoshop obv

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)