Point And Click Adventure Games in Construct 2?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • I have been wanting to start making a point and click game for quite some time now and was wondering whether it would be better to stick with Construct 2 or move to a specific adventure game engine like Adventure Game Studio or Visionare Studio as they might be easier to use. However, I don't want to learn a new engine as I like the flexibility of Construct. Opinions

Thanks

Knivetonstudios

• I did a point and click game for the C2 underground Jam.

The biggest problem is if you are collecting items for use you will need to create a script to do that as C2 does not have a built in but maybe someone has created an addon for that purpose now.

I think C2 works great for point and click games and I would like to see more of them.

• lamar Thanks, I'm not a particularly good programmer even in Construct 2 , let alone making an addon. I'll probably use a different engine, which will going be a pain in the arse but at least I'll be able to get it finished how I planned.

• Collection items? Not possible just to use variable..? Knife=1/0 etc

• fredriksthlm Adventure games can definitely be done in Construct, but point and click engines have specific tools that would save a lot of time, which is needed for making artwork and writing text etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Collection items? Not possible just to use variable..? Knife=1/0 etc

Well most point and click use an image of the item collected to display in an inventory and that means setting up an array and keeping track of what items you took from each room and it is a bit complicated.

• I had not tried this but it seems to be interesting

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)