New app to teach treble cleft note names. Could use UI help

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello,

I have another prototype ready which is based on a previous app of mine available in iTunes (iPhone only).

This time, I want to implement some new features and wonder if there are better ways to display the buttons.

Basically, I don't want a UI which seems too busy or more complex than it needs to be.

Any pointers or ideas on how to display five buttons (in less space) would be great!

Thank you

P.S. The buttons bring up new scenes with different content but re-used sounds etc...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • vancouver - if you didn't want the buttons on the screen all the time, they could slide away when not needed, but if user touched the screen in a certain location, then the buttons would slide back into view so they could be used

• Men Men Men Men Manley Men,

that is actually a great idea. I don't play computer "games" and don't know what is actually possible.

So basically, I'd create a transparent sprite on the left hand side which, when touched (twice maybe) slides in from the left with the menu buttons ....

I will have to do a little reading to learn how to pin the buttons etc...

Thanks

* If you don't watch Two and A Half Men then please ignore the first line

• I just uploaded an early preview that creates two octaves of notes starting at the low A (Treble Clef).

So .... if anyone is interested in learning the note names from scratch, this app will get you there.

I will update it on a regular basis until it has everything it needs.

YOUR feedback is most welcome!

http://littlecomposers.com/apps/treble-clef/

To use this app, just click anywhere on the red line ... the rest is self explaining.

• I personally think the UI is just fine (although allow a switch to accomodate left-handed / right-handed people) - definitely dress it up some, though.

• Thank you Chris!

Funny you'd mention left/right handed.

The first version had the hotspots which trigger the notes in the center of the app.

Because I tested on a desktop, I didn't realize how hard that would be for a thumb to reach when used on a mobile phone or tablet.

So yes, that is easy to implement and I don't see a reason why it wouldn't make it into the app.

On behalf of all left handed children who tackle music notation via this app, I thank YOU!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)