Needing some direction from Canadian GameDevs!

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Hello, my name is Caio (or just Kyle) and I live in Brazil. I'm 22, Male, Game designer and Visual Artist.

I aspire to work as a Game Designer and actually already made some games under my own roof with some virtual friends and colleagues. I'm currently studying 'Digital Games' in college, and I'm near the end of it. I'm always producing something in the field, but you know, to be honest, I'm just studying in this place because I have no other option for Game Development in the city where I live. My classes honestly aren't really great and I have a feeling that only me and 4 students care about making games for real. I do get frutition from them, but I also tend to think it isn't.... enough.

Also, where I live, there isn't any game companies at all - everyone in the field are just studying by themselves like I do - internet. Obviously, as I want to get a work, I need experience in a company so someone can take me seriously and I can get a job in the future. (Internships are non-existent here too)

Well, the thing is: I have conditions and means to go to Canada for a year through an interchange program in 2020. And with that, I'm thinking that I should 1) study Game Development in a better college at Vancouver, 2) manage to get a internship somewhere there, and 3) finally get some kind of experience in the job field.

As I don't live in Canada, I really don't know if I'm being dellusional here in some point. it is indeed a giant step in my life so I want to know what I'm doing for reals. Do you think my plan makes sense, or this isn't how it works in Canada? Is Vancouver really the best option for me, or is there any other town I would benefit more from getting XP?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)