Mining System for Top-Down Survival Island Game

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Mine those precious space resources & start trading
  • Hi all,

I've been developing a top-down, survival island game for that past few months. At the moment I am stumped as to how I should implement a mining system where the player can get stone and other valuable resources. Here is a screenshot of what the game looks like with a patch of stone one can find in the world.

Anybody got any ideas for how I could go about this system?

• If you are overlapping it and hit mine key then perform mining action. You could have a variable for amount on it and subtract from it each time you mine until it's 0. Also maybe the animation changes for each level of variable so it depletes.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Create a sprite object and set initial visibility to invisible (but during debugging set it to visible). Pin this object to player hands. Then create a variable and give it a name say mineAmount. Your tools ‘mining amount’ that the player equips will overwrite this variable mineAmount.

Next disable that sprite object collision and each time you click (playing the mine animation) that sprite objects collisions are enabled and later disabled. On this sprite object collides with tree or rock subtract that amount from tree or rock variable and or add to amount of resources your player collected.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)