Laptops....

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Take the game "Ghost Shooter" as an example. That games aims using the mouse. Alot of people play flash/html5 games on their laptops these days, and usually just have that annoying touch pad. Any ideas how to make a game like Ghost Shooter more appealing to touch pad users?

EDIT: Well I did consider Spacebar or Shift key to shoot/attack as possible options.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think most laptop users actually do own a USB mouse on purpose.

The only advice I would have is to design your game so it is not actively requiring the pad, or not expecting a great precision out of it, to lessen the frustration.

Otherwise, an entry USB mouse is less than 10 � about everywhere in the world.

• Psh, I played Quake 3 with a laptop touchpad and won.

But in all seriousness. If you design your game around using the mouse for aiming, chances are people that want to play it either already have a mouse, or have the means to get one.

• Ok. That's pretty much where I was at with it. Thanks for the input guys!

• I tried doing a bit of research on touchpads. A lot of the newer ones produce post 2010 work just like the touchscreen on a cell phone. I'm sure if there was a way to customize the output of the touchpad you could do some interesting game concepts. However, this would require, I believe a deeper understanding of the hardware and programming. Being very much outside the reach of C2 mechanics.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)