Integration with Photon Cloud: Multiplayer

From the Asset Store
This is a simple login feature to access Metamask in construct 3. Requires a Chrome Browser and Metamask Extension.
  • I uploaded the cloud-info js file to my server. But still nothing.

• AarongamerX

You've missed the port number off the end of your Master Server Address: ':9090'.

• ooops lol, didnt see that in the tutorial. will try.

• How do I put it?

I did this:

MasterAddress: "app-us.exitgamescloud.com:9090",

Is that wrong?

Thanks for all the help lol, I'm almost there!

Also on my website it says my Apache server is port 80. Not sure if that matters.

• AarongamerX

Well, I guess you've tested it out now and found that your MasterAddress is correct and that the Workout demo plays as it should from your server. Well done!

... Also on my website it says my Apache server is port 80. Not sure if that matters.There are two servers involved here: your Apache HTTP server which necessarily runs through port 80, and the Photon Cloud server which uses port 9090. (I should add that to my demo posting - the Photon AppInfo template should've indicated that in a comment.)

• It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick!!!

Now im going to mess around with it. I'm going to give each player an attack and have them damage each other.

• AarongamerX

Wicked! I'm so looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

• Velojet

After the newsground gamejamp I will try to make a simple multiplayer C2 game.

I've juste one question, how to add an attack/skills on a character ? For example I press "space" and my char explode/do something ?

• I've juste one question, how to add an attack/skills on a character ? For example I press "space" and my char explode/do something ?Joskin You'd just do what you normally do with a sprite object. My PhotonClient behavior has no part to play in that.

Looking forward to seeing your game!

• Velojet, how stable is this plugin?

Seeing as there isn't strong support for multiplayer games in C2 (not talking MMOs but more like FPS matches), would this plugin + Photon Cloud be suitable for production quality multiplayer?

Along the same lines, if making a game for multiplayer, is it possible to create it in singleplayer first and then add the plugin and port to multiplayer, or is there a better order that's recommended?

• Velojet, how stable is this plugin?Excal

Test it out!

... would this plugin + Photon Cloud be suitable for production quality multiplayer?Check the Photon Cloud site and see what's being done by commercial game developers.

Along the same lines, if making a game for multiplayer, is it possible to create it in singleplayer first and then add the plugin and port to multiplayer, or is there a better order that's recommended?esign your game from the beginning as a multiplayer - retrofitting a single player game is not a recommended approach.

• I guess I should be more specific in the last part.

Why exactly should it be created as multiplayer from the beginning? If I want multiplayer to be vastly different than single player (i.e. balanced), is it necessary to add the plugin from the very start of the project? I'm just confused on what the plugin does.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Excal

... Why exactly should it be created as multiplayer from the beginning? If I want multiplayer to be vastly different than single player (i.e. balanced), is it necessary to add the plugin from the very start of the project? I'm just confused on what the plugin does.uite simply, it enables remote players on remote devices to join with you in your game.

This is a different gaming paradigm than single player, so needs to be part of your design from the start.

• I'm not talking about design here, I'm talking about implementation. I understand that games with multiplayer in mind should be designed with online play from the get-go. If the plugin enables remote players on remote devices to join with me in-game, I don't see any reason to integrate the plugin in my game until I begin working on the multiplayer portion.

Suppose I am working on a single-player game, and intend to add a multiplayer portion later. The design document already sets up the game design to have a logical transition from the single-player experience to the multiplayer experience. Would you still suggest integrating photon cloud as I'm creating the single-player version? Is there any reason why I couldn't add the plugin when I start creating the multiplayer version?

Also, how does your plugin differ from the Photon Cloud service? I see others in this thread trying to set up their own servers or get a server with a webhost in order to 'serve' multiplayer. The Photon Cloud service provides this as part of its plans, doesn't it?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)