Help me with scoring.

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Briefly about my game

The game takes place in a wasteland few years after nuclear disaster. It's a platform game and the point of it is to jump across the platform avoiding obstacles and collecting something that gives score.

Now that something would be coins, but I feel like coins would be the least important stuff in this situation. Should I keep coins as score or change it to something else ? Any suggestions are appreciated

Hopefully I post this in the right section.

• Clean water is often considered a rare commodity in this scenario.

• Clean water is often considered a rare commodity in this scenario.

Good Idea, but wouldn't it feel like the water should give health instead ?

• > Clean water is often considered a rare commodity in this scenario.

>

Good Idea, but wouldn't it feel like the water should give health instead ?

Water giving health makes sense.

You should probably add some more story behind the character. If it is a wasteland out there why would you be just wandering about if it so dangerous? You would find a dwelling then only go out to scavenge for food, water, and whatever other supplies.

This isn't great but just an example off the top of my head:

There is a disease caused by the nuclear fallout that is plaguing mankind and this scientist thinks he found the cure but needs to collect samples (of something) to create the vaccine.

It's hard to think of the best way to 'keep score' in a post apocalyptic world as the only goal is usually survival . . .

• Scavenge some scrap to sell back at the settlement after each level -- that's yr coins there. Or maybe you could invest it on ammo or other improvements. (And if you're not careful soon you'll be developing complex equipment systems, currencies, skills, professions, and your game most likely will never be).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have to do with your universe.

The rarest things can be you score, or the most common too.

If i take for example a post-apo French serie, the rare thing is cat food...

In Fallout it's bottle caps.

So... i dunno exactly how to help you, because the score is made from something the player has to achieve.

In my games, i often use time for score because i expect players to speedrun my games.

Think about what you want the player to do in your game, and what you want to use to compare players with each other

It's the best theorical piece of advice i can give to you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)