How to make a great game.

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • I found this video recently that talks about how to make a great game with some comedy thrown in. It has been paramount in my education as to what makes a great game so I thought I would share it with the forum.

NOTE: This video contains foul language.

youtube.com/watch

If anyone else has tips to making a great game please leave them below. As there are some very fundamental things people seem to gloss over when making a video game.

• Google "Extra Credits". Those folks know stuff. They got 7 seasons right now.

• Extra credits is a good show indeed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • VictoryX

Just watched this video and I have to say, it's EXACTLY what I needed right now! thanks!

• ahah I like Egoraptor I haven't watched this one thanks for sharing

• I found this video recently that talks about how to make a great game with some comedy thrown in. It has been paramount in my education as to what makes a great game so I thought I would share it with the forum.

Thanks for the link, but it felt a lot more like a video talking about why Mega Man X is awesome. There are a few things there we can learn (like not going overly ballistic on the tutorial), but for the most part, it didn't help me much. For a video telling us to let the player learn things on his own, it was annoyingly obsessed about telling us that.

• I think the video stresses some of the more important aspects of gaming that aren't always considered. Such as tight controls, themeing, and conveyance. Also it makes me want to create a game that would make someone that passionate about it. You are correct it is mostly just him going on about how Mega Man X is great. Within that though he talks about why it is so great for him. As game creators that is the demographic right there, gamers. Gamers talking about their favorite games and why they are their favorite games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)