Any Good Game Ideas?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • this

best bee moving

a 2d platformer with a twist

with animted weather backgrounds

and life like 2d events

so not like your average platformer

u can act as a bee like in the real world trying to get back to its hive

but can he make it back with the pest control about?...

of enemys ,levels and platforms

-enemys

humans

plants

and gas

-levels

-i best bee going home

-honey sweet cone

-beegone

etc

+99 more levels

-platforms

moving

solid

• I am working on my very first game. I am planning on doing it a top down shooter hotline miami style gameplay, and a cross between the movie ,"The Raid." So there will be lots of guns, martial arts, and blood. You will go up different hotel floors or apartment complex floors, havent decided on the theme yet.

Or another theme will be you are a Marine invading a bunker in Afghanistan and are trying to get Osama as you go down further in the bunker there will be suicide bombers and have to break up the terrorist cells and leaders as you progress...I have probably a year to go, but I am excited for this, if it turns out anything like I envision it to be could be cool.

• Everytime I see the name of this thread, my first thought is... "Yes, But I am keeping them all to myself..." followed by maniacal laughter...

• BluePhaze

• BluePhaze

Beaverlicious

Yea but ideas are a dime a dozen. 99% of people will never act on their ideas, because most people are not business people. There is no harm in sharing ideas, people will come up with their own anyway and most likely never take your idea. Just my two cents. I think its more inspiration for other people than risk of someone taking your idea

• robertjs3 They all want my ideas! ALL OF THEM!!! Muahahahahahaaaa.....

• Make a game about rainbow dinosaurs in outer space, lead by captain seagull, in their interstellar burger spaceship.

• I am working on my very first game. I am planning on doing it a top down shooter hotline miami style gameplay, and a cross between the movie ,"The Raid." So there will be lots of guns, martial arts, and blood. You will go up different hotel floors or apartment complex floors, havent decided on the theme yet.

Or another theme will be you are a Marine invading a bunker in Afghanistan and are trying to get Osama as you go down further in the bunker there will be suicide bombers and have to break up the terrorist cells and leaders as you progress...I have probably a year to go, but I am excited for this, if it turns out anything like I envision it to be could be cool.

I love The Raid, just saw the new one and it was freaking awesome!

• Everytime I see the name of this thread, my first thought is... "Yes, But I am keeping them all to myself..." followed by maniacal laughter...

Ive read in a couple places lately that 'you shouldn't be afraid to put your ideas out there..' , reason being that you get useful feedback from showing off your project, and anyway people are too busy working on their own projects to be interested in stealing other people's ideas...

Personally I have mixed feelings. I think feedback is definitely useful, but it almost feels like you're giving away the golden goose by sharing all your artwork ideas and game concepts in 'post what you're working on' -type threads.. my 2c

• I'm pretty sure this must've been posted somewhere in the forum, but here again,

300 game mechanics to get you inspired:

http://www.squidi.net/three/

• Honestly I don't think that there are really many ideas around which are worth stealing. We are talking about rudimental game ideas, not the business plan for the next Facebook

• Honestly I don't think that there are really many ideas around which are worth stealing. We are talking about rudimental game ideas, not the business plan for the next Facebook

Nah, plenty of great Ideas everywhere. Sometimes, something that doesn't seam like anything original or worthwhile, can be a missing piece of your own idea.

Another idea: Squirrel survival game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Everytime I see the name of this thread, my first thought is... "Yes, But I am keeping them all to myself..." followed by maniacal laughter...

>

>

>

>

Ive read in a couple places lately that 'you shouldn't be afraid to put your ideas out there..' , reason being that you get useful feedback from showing off your project, and anyway people are too busy working on their own projects to be interested in stealing other people's ideas...

Personally I have mixed feelings. I think feedback is definitely useful, but it almost feels like you're giving away the golden goose by sharing all your artwork ideas and game concepts in 'post what you're working on' -type threads.. my 2c

Yea it could go both ways. I am not saying share all of what you're doing until the game is ready for launch. unless of course you aren't going to sell it, then it doesn't matter. But obviously you will have to share with some people like testers, and other people that you have demo the game or else you may be making a game nobody thinks is fun.

• > I am working on my very first game. I am planning on doing it a top down shooter hotline miami style gameplay, and a cross between the movie ,"The Raid." So there will be lots of guns, martial arts, and blood. You will go up different hotel floors or apartment complex floors, havent decided on the theme yet.

>

> Or another theme will be you are a Marine invading a bunker in Afghanistan and are trying to get Osama as you go down further in the bunker there will be suicide bombers and have to break up the terrorist cells and leaders as you progress...I have probably a year to go, but I am excited for this, if it turns out anything like I envision it to be could be cool.

>

I love The Raid, just saw the new one and it was freaking awesome!

Sweet, I haven't seen the new one yet, looks amazing though. If this game is done right could be sweet, I'm talking about a pixelated art style and throw in some unique ideas I have with that martial arts. Hopefully in the next couple months I will post a demo

• I have some ideas, and some of them are original ideas (I think), gameplay mechanics etc

but I'm not able to make any kind of graphics (absolut zero skill on visual arts!) and that is killing me

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)