Any Good Game Ideas?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • ranma: If it weren't free for taking, I wouldn't be posting it here. :)

great, thanks!

• Mipey and all of you, BattleShops beta is available in the arcade!

http://www.scirra.com/arcade/action/1410/battleshops-beta

have fun! :)

• > Battleshops! Manage your shops and pit them against rival shops during the rush hour to win over customers. Wage battles using shopping cart launchers and demolish their carefully stacked products! Oh, and stack your own products in a way they will suffer the least damage when toppled over by rival shops.

>

> Test your shop management AND warmongering skills against famous battleshops Warmart and many more!

>

> Let your brains loose and you can come up with ideas like this, too! ;)

This is incredible, and I'm tempted to do it myself.

It's very very close to the Anime called by "Bento", but with shopping things xD

-------------

One idea, what about an old fashioned game like "Mario Typing" where you can add your own dictionary?

This game have educational purposes and teach playing xD

I loved this game and missed it very much because my keyboard is not american, so, all my keys are different from this DOS game, making it unplayable =(

• Well how big of a project are you looking to be doing?

Currently I am just learning the tool so I am going to start very simple, probably do an old Odyssey 2 game.

I remember reading in a book called 'Teach Yourself Game Programming in 21 Days' by Andre Lamothe (GREAT book for its time!) he said 'Game ideas is the hardest part about developing any game!' (to paraphrase) and boy was he right!

• "Blind Game" where you can't see anything, but you hear everything and feel like you are in the scenery. So only put your earphone close your eyes and open your minds.

I'm studying Octophonics to make that game come true...

• well some of the best games have something so simple that it's infuriating (eg: i could have made that !@#$%^ ^&$ $%^ !# ) you could take inspirations from board games, rpg chess upgrade towers qand castles, draghts for tablets. you could also make games somewhat like gravity guy or subway surfers as that is very addicting. i will post some more ideas as soon as i get them

• Chinese chess?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • btw, What is a chinese chess ?

• I have so many ideas it's stupid...

I seriously have 4 large bins of papers about game ideas...

...ideas are cheap...

people with dedication and perseverance willing to fallow thru with there ideas, on the other hand, are not so common.

• Sid Meier's "Civilization" meets Tower Defense. Everyone begins with primitive (say, stone throwing) towers and as they advance through the game, decide to spend the points they accumulate during gameplay on various Civilization improvements. (Irrigation = More Food, essential for People-Producing towers. Mysticism = Magic-based towers. Imperialism = Phalanx-Producing units that can outright stop the flow of enemies while they fight to the death, etc).

This system allows you to incorporate dozens (perhaps a hundred?) tower variants, so each playthrough of the same set of levels can feel different.

• I have a few ideas, most of them based on other games though.

1. You're Ronald McDonald at a kid's birthday party, when suddenly the Burger King bursts in through the living room wall with all other fast food mascots behind him, and he tells you he's gonna kick your ass for making kids eat horse meat - if you don't defeat all other mascots and the King himself; but if you do, you'll become the new "burger king". You also unlock the other characters, new outfits and stages, and a new title screen. But you start out with Ronald in his typical clown outfit and fight each mascot in his own stage; or you can do Adventure Mode, wherein you race across different fast food themed levels before fighting the level's boss (a mascot); so Adventure Mode is just like the other normal mode but with levels. Beating the game with all the mascots unlocks secondary fast food characters like the Hamburgular, who can help out in fights (either automatically, when you press a button, or when your character dies) and unlocks the level editor, so you can create your own stages and levels, than use them in the main modes (in addition to or in substitution for the regular stages and levels) if you want.

2. You're Lucy Joyce, a street racer who's just washing her car, when suddenly you hear about Green Light Island: a far-off kingdom where legendary racers live and compete for treasure, money, and supremacy. Divided into eight worlds: jungle, circus, factory, mines, volcano, large lake, snowy mountain, and desert. Six race courses per world, with a reigning champion at the end of each world. Race courses are platformed, so you're not just racing but going off ramps, dodging enemies and attacks, jumping from platform to platform, bouncing off other racers, etc. During races, you can pick up add-ons for your character and car (costumes, boost power, etc.) along the way and use items (oil slick, missiles, etc.) to help you win the race. Between races, you can customize your appearance and your car's stats via a dress-up game interface. The final boss is a multi-track-drifting train conductor, whom you race across the island while being chased by dinosaurs and lava.

3. You're Red the Fish, a mutated fish with humanoid intelligence and abilities who's out for revenge against the scientists who captured and performed terrible experiments on you that resulted in your mutation. A beat-em-up where you fight scientists, robots, mutated sea creatures, and a supercomputerized security system through an underwater laboratory using an array of weapons (laser guns, mini-submarines, exploding fruit, etc.) that you can customize and that, depending on the number of kills, can evolve into better weapons (ex: laser gun evolving into laser cannon), or you can stop them from evolving by pressing a button. As you go along, you befriend and free other fish, who can take Red's place; and during multiplayer, you can have a whole school of fish fighting with you. When you destroy the underwater lab, you fight the final boss: a massive military helicopter loaded with missiles and laser guns. After you beat the game, you can play again on a harder difficulty.

4. You're a young boy who's ready to become a mecha pilot on Data Isle, so you start off on your adventure across the land: finding new parts for your mecha, battling other mecha pilots for money and more parts, gambling for more money, and buying and selling and bartering items. Your dream is to become the greatest mecha pilot, but as you go along, you find out Data Isle is ruled by a ruthless mob boss who's also the top mecha pilot in the world. You beat his goonies along your journey, learning about the hidden beauties and the dark secrets of Data Isle, until you come to the mob boss himself. You beat him in a straight fight and become King of Data Isle, and are informed of a top secret mecha the boss was working on underground. If you choose to go check it out, you'll find a mecha piloting a mecha, whom you'll have to fight. After that, the game is over: you can keep exploring, battling, buying items, etc. if you want. You can customize your mecha inside and out: changing stats and the mecha's parts and colors, as well as drawing the cockpit using a stylus: so if you want to draw a window, a button, a chair, or whatever, it'll immediately become a new 3D object in the cockpit, and you can decide if the object is to function as a window, a button, a chair, or whatever.

• You may play it with an emulator, you will like it, but it's very scary than Silent Hill 2.

I've played a lot of games, and I am offended by this. Silent Hill 2 is branded as a horror game, but it also has one of the best storylines of any game.

GamesRadar lists Silent Hill 2 as the #1 best storyline of all time.

One idea, what about an old fashioned game like "Mario Typing" where you can add your own dictionary?

This game have educational purposes and teach playing xD

I remember playing educational games in elementary school. In particular, the Math Blaster series. I wonder what 'modern' educational games look like, but I definitely believe gaming will make major strides in the educational sector in the near future. The military is already using games - the civilian factor will be soon to follow.

"Blind Game" where you can't see anything, but you hear everything and feel like you are in the scenery. So only put your earphone close your eyes and open your minds.

I'm studying Octophonics to make that game come true...

When I interned at an IT company as a web developer, we had to make sure our sites were compliant with some federal regulations. These regulations stated that our games had to account for people with disabilities. As a game developer, I think it's wise to not limit our audience, at least not if we intend to make any sort of profit from it.

It's a perfectly viable idea, though.

Sid Meier's "Civilization" meets Tower Defense. Everyone begins with primitive (say, stone throwing) towers and as they advance through the game, decide to spend the points they accumulate during gameplay on various Civilization improvements. (Irrigation = More Food, essential for People-Producing towers. Mysticism = Magic-based towers. Imperialism = Phalanx-Producing units that can outright stop the flow of enemies while they fight to the death, etc).

This system allows you to incorporate dozens (perhaps a hundred?) tower variants, so each playthrough of the same set of levels can feel different.

This is interesting, but you have to understand that part of the appeal of Civilizations is the alliance aspect and 'conquering the world'.

You're Ronald McDonald at a kid's birthday party, when suddenly the Burger King bursts in through the living room wall with all other fast food mascots behind him, and he tells you he's gonna kick your ass for making kids eat horse meat - if you don't defeat all other mascots and the King himself; but if you do, you'll become the new "burger king". You also unlock the other characters, new outfits and stages, and a new title screen. But you start out with Ronald in his typical clown outfit and fight each mascot in his own stage; or you can do Adventure Mode, wherein you race across different fast food themed levels before fighting the level's boss (a mascot); so Adventure Mode is just like the other normal mode but with levels. Beating the game with all the mascots unlocks secondary fast food characters like the Hamburgular, who can help out in fights (either automatically, when you press a button, or when your character dies) and unlocks the level editor, so you can create your own stages and levels, than use them in the main modes (in addition to or in substitution for the regular stages and levels) if you want.

I'm certain there are intellectual property rights issues with this.

I like some parts of your ideas, but the scope is a bit ridiculous.

• Anybody got any simple touch based (or regular simple) game ideas they're willing to part with? I find I keep starting prototypes/projects that are large in scale, and would like some simple ideas but can't think of anything good.

Here's an idea of mine if anybody wants it:

• A puzzle platformer where the player changes it's shape on touch, and this is the basis for the puzzles in each level.
  • Max Payne and medal of honor are still the best one.If you have never tried them then yous must.

Battleshops is also a good game, you would find it interesting after playing on it for longer time.

You can also go on find some more with offers on goodscheine.

• I have an outline for an MMORPG. In most MMORPGs there are npcs at shops, in dungeons, etc. BUT this would be different! No npcs, EVERYBODY is played by a real gamer. You could be a shop owner, traveling merchant, mercanary, etc. Differnt factions fighting against each other, You could be a bandit in a dungeon raiding towns, etc. I know this idea would be too hard to create without a huge development team and $$$$$$. Just venting ideas.

There r games like that: ultima online & heaven and hearth

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)