Game design and working with a small studio. Thoughts?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Casual Game UI Button Flat Design made in vector (Adobe Illustrator).
  • So I have a small team (not a business, at least not yet) named Nevermore North looking to get started on our first polished product. Our team consists of myself and another coder, and two extremely talented artists. For those that have come before me, a couple of questions:

1. When working in a team on Construct 2, are there any best practices to follow or pitfalls to avoid?

2. What are some tips and tricks for collaborating while coding?

3. Is it better to train my artists on how to insert spriter elements (using brash monkey's product) or should they be implemented by the code team?

4. Also, as this is my first group project, I have a question about game design itself: Are there any good programs to keep the flow of our game and create a game design document?

Thanks so much for your time, and I look forward to your responses.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Artists need to know how to use animation plugins such as spriter, its essential for their understanding of what's required, what works and what doesn't. So they can then do their art knowing their limitations.

As for best practices, always put in comments everywhere and make sure its well described so there's ZERO misunderstandings.

As for the rest of the group stuff, someone else in a bigger group can chime in. I've only worked with me and my buddy.

• Use external files to hold data and load it using ajax. Also could make a level editor and level exporter/importer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)