Thanks in advance.
Is Construct 2 good for making this educational game idea? All the tutorials seem more complex and poorly related to my simple idea. I know C2 is supposed to be very simple but if my idea needs to stray very far at all from drag/drop, I probably do not have the aptitude. I did okay with HTML but failed horribly with every attempt to learn programming. I just do not have the aptitude for programming.
1. Display an empty table with eight columns and eight rows.
2. User is prompted to enter text in a table cells. If entry is correct audio is played. If incorrect, error message is displayed. More prompts, more cell entry.
3. After user enters all table cells correctly, user has option to touch cells to hear audio from any cell individually or hear audio from multiple cells touched simultaneously.
4. User is prompted to advance/turn page and the above process is repeated and validated with different text. After each new page/table is complete user advances until all pages are complete.
5. Once user has entered all tables/pages correctly user is presented with rules to memorize, one at a time.
6. User then has option to be quizzed on the table-entry or memorized rules or both.
1. Is C2 good for making this educational game idea?
2. Do I need to create the tables using HTML or do they already exist in C2?
3. How then is validation accomplished (correct/incorrect cell entry/error message)?
4. Do I need to create slightly different versions since smartphone uses touchscreen but native app uses mouse/keyboard?
5. Do tutorials exist for any of these questions?