Best vfx software?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • What is the best vfx software specifically aimed at creating different 2d visual effects (explosions, splashes, flashes)?

I know about After Effects and I will be glad to hear less costly alternatives :)

• There is TimelineFX, but I have no clue if it's still supported. It's only a Particle Effects Editor and you have to export it as spritesheet for C2, C3.

Don't know if it is what you're looking for:

rigzsoft.co.uk

• Fusion, now owned by blackmagic is free and does 2D and 3D and is better than AfterEffects, but there is a learning curve as this is the software that many big name movies used to and still use.

I guess I should add that this is not specifically designed for explosions and those, but you can do anything with this software

It's actually insane that something like this is free. Used to cost $5000

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • particle illusion for vfx particles:

https://borisfx.com/products/particle-illusion/

• particle illusion for vfx particles:

https://borisfx.com/products/particle-illusion/

Well I was looking for a timelinefx alternative (as I find it rather crashy and un-intuitive)

but $399.00 for the particles plug in .... ouch....

it does look awesome though....

• Fusion, now owned by blackmagic is free and does 2D and 3D and is better than AfterEffects, but there is a learning curve as this is the software that many big name movies used to and still use.

I guess I should add that this is not specifically designed for explosions and those, but you can do anything with this software

It's actually insane that something like this is free. Used to cost $5000

wow, the particles look real nice. and its free! ? Must be some catch....

I will give this a crack tonight...

• Yeah Fusion is free ! :D

• There is no catch with Fusion. It's crazy, but this is the real shit. Most of us don't need extra stuff that is in the studio $299 version. I have the studio version because I have been their customer long before blackmagic bought them out and made it free, so they give me free updates to studio version.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)