Backagammon game

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi guys,

I am very new to construct 2 and have been searching for tutorials and help for what I have in mind to create :

A backgammon game running on HTML5.

First of all, do you think that construct is able to build such a game ?

Are there any relative tutorials or similar games ?

Any help is greatly appreciated - thank you !

• It will possibly be very complicated. Very long years ago i made an example with C. I used an array system. IFor example at start position

Array values will be

Array.At(0) = 2

Array.At(1) = 0

Array.At(2) = 0

Array.At(3) = 0

Array.At(4) = 0

Array.At(5) = -5

Array.At(6) = 0

Array.At(7) = -3

Array.At(8) = 0

Array.At(9) = 0

Array.At(10) = 0

Array.At(11) = 5

Array.At(12) = -5

Array.At(13) = 0

Array.At(14) = 0

Array.At(15) = 0

Array.At(16) = 3

Array.At(17) = 0

Array.At(18) = 5

Array.At(19) = 0

Array.At(20) = 0

Array.At(21) = 0

Array.At(22) = 0

Array.At(23) = -2

Think of red ones for positive values, white ones for negative values. For example if value is 1 it means vulnerable. If red one rolls the dice move forward in array, if white one rolls the dice move backwards in array.

• mrcgkh

Thanks for this.

Your array idea is very helpful and nice and simple.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you for the idea.

Do you think that technically Construct 2 can be used to create such a game ?

I mean, as I have made some minor analysis, it needs lots of code for checking etc.

Is C2 suitable for this ? (because of its lack of coding).

• No matter which tool do you choose it will be complicated. Most challenging part will be probably AI. You can use a scoring system for possible moves like this;

For every possible move

Rule 1) If number of arrays that have a value of 2 or higher increased give +3 points to that move

Rule 2) If number of arrays that have a value of 2 or higher did not changed give +1 points to that move

Rule 3) If number of arrays that have a value of 2 or higher decreased give -1 points to that move

Rule 4) If number of arrays that have a value of 0 increased give -1 points to that move

Rule 5) If number of arrays that have a value of 1 increased give -5 points to that move

Rule 6) If number of arrays that have a value of -1 increased give +5 points to that move

Rule 7) You can add your own rules

At the end pick the move with highest point

Another option is dropping the single player+AI part and making a Multiplayer only game. At this point you need only a visual representation of arrays. But i didn't used multiplayer plugin yet. If you plan a large scale game, i'm not sure Construct can handle a big multiplayer project.

• Thanks again. That's what I was afraid too about using Construct. Since the project I have in mind would have the ability to expand to an HTML5 multiplayer game, based on the information I have found so far, I don't think C2 can support that.

If you (@ mrcgkh) or someone else can give more info on this, please post.

Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)