ِAvoiding Game development

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
You can become a REAL game developer. Learn the basics and get resources that will let you get profits from your game!
  • Well Scirra Community I want your opinion & need your stories. First, most of you know I'm making "Stupid Chickens 2" . Well, at first I was enjoying my time making the game! I was trying to slack & avoid making it by convincing myself that it's too complicated & I don't have time. But my main problem: "there are people waiting my game like Tetriser "

So my question is : "If you ever felt lazy from doing your own game, and you lost motivation, what is the step that gives you a push to continue?"

and thanks for all replies

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Working with a team, will give you a big push.

Or if you have a deadline.

• Well Scirra Community I want your opinion & need your stories. First, most of you know I'm making "Stupid Chickens 2" . Well, at first I was enjoying my time making the game! I was trying to slack & avoid making it by convincing myself that it's too complicated & I don't have time. But my main problem: "there are people waiting my game like Tetriser "

So my question is : "If you ever felt lazy from doing your own game, and you lost motivation, what is the step that gives you a push to continue?"

and thanks for all replies

1. Breaking tasks down into smaller steps so you get to feel a sense of accomplishment when a task is finished, even if the game isn't done.

2. Show it to people and get feedback. Positive or negative, use it to drive you towards the goal of a finished game.

3. The feeling of excitement as it nears completion.

4. Profit!

• Sometimes you can just be burned out and stepping back from a project to breath helps. Forcing yourself can tend to make you overlook things cause you are rushing to be done and over with it. Breath, read a book, watch a movie take a few days of not even thinking about it. Or put the project on the back burner and mess with something else. There are numerous games that has been in development and progress has halted for a moment before it was worked on again (but don't have it on hold too long we all saw how Duke Nukem went). But forcing creativity never comes out the same as letting creativity just naturally flow. Sometimes it things we do in everyday life that can spark the motivation be it a new mechanic or whatever. So give your brain a break from it not thinking about it at all and maybe when you approach it again you will be looking with a fresh pair of eyes and state of mind.

• Working with smaller objectives to do each day plus other facultative ones, generally when you have finished the simple tasks, you are still in the mood to go further.

Also remember that the best way to do your code is to not repeat a piece of code if it is not useful to do so, organize your code to make it quicker and safer to do a modification, don't try to do everything at once, a large project can be simplyfied in just smaller piece of code putted together, so try to make those pieces of code one after another, it will help a lot in the long term.

Also sometimes a little break is good, It is summer here, hard to work too much with the heat, learn to have a good cycle, I mean by that find the good balance between working enough and not break you down, working too much is as counter productive as not working enough.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)