Time for good Hype?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Time rewind like in "Braid". Choose objects that will be affected by time rewind
  • I just uploaded trailer & screenshot & details for stupid chickens 2 in : http://gamejolt.com/games/puzzle/stupid-chickens-2-trip-to-space/29433/

So it has been two days with 55 views and 3 are excited for the game. So how much time does it need to get good hype for the game??

Thanks in advance.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is no magic number! Hype comes with people liking the idea and SHARING it.

No offense, but I'm pretty sure that your graphics are the reason you don't get the attention you would like to get.

Gamers are one of the Graphically most sophisticated audiences. Gameplay ideas don't really count in there eyes if they aren't visually supported:-)

Just my two Cents! Good luck with your game, as always mate!:-)

• There is no magic number! Hype comes with people liking the idea and SHARING it.

No offense, but I'm pretty sure that your graphics are the reason you don't get the attention you would like to get.

Gamers are one of the Graphically most sophisticated audiences. Gameplay ideas don't really count in there eyes if they aren't visually supported:-)

Just my two Cents! Good luck with your game, as always mate!:-)

Still learning! I guess I'm improved, but it will take some time to get good enough, plus some people learns it in institutions & collages so it not that easy I guess.

• No offense, but I'm pretty sure that your graphics are the reason you don't get the attention you would like to get.

I'd say graphics is more important when selling your game to publishers. As for the usual gamer, he can often prefer a game with crappy graphics but more entertaining gameplay.

• suntemple

but for playin the game, he needs to be attracted at first to even klick on it. everyone would klick on a game that looks like Diablo more likely than on one that looks like MS Paint Wars.

Also I as a graphic dude believe, that good graphics are an essential part of gameplay as well.

• Graphics is vital to get gamers to try your game, once they try it, then gameplay will be more important.

Same as real life I reckon! You need to look good & dress well to attract others (graphics), then once they talk and spend time together, they get to know you better and can appreciate your personality (gameplay).

But good graphics vary a lot, its all down to aesthetics. Lots of simple shape games look great (Thomas Was Alone looks amazing in motion).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)